ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Genesis cartridge screws question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmrydholm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: US Genesis cartridge screws question Reply with quote

Does anyone know what type of screwdriver one uses on an American Genesis cart? I got a PAL cartridge that fits in my now-broken Nomad (please see my other topic Sad ) I know that Tototek's MD flash cart won't fit in the EA games or Accolade type cartridges *The BIG ones* I've seen some that have triple-bladed screws, but mostly they are those weird star things. I went through my whole tradespro toolbox looking for a proper screw. I can use the flashcart "naked" so to speak, but I'd hate to damage it by accident or via static...any ideas?
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a standard 4.5mm security gamebit. You can find them all over Ebay. MCM electronics sells them too....in fact, they were the first ones to sell them in the early 90s.

They are used most Nintendo consoles after NES, also the TG-16, and Gamegear, along with a few othe rsystems Im not thinking of right now.

-Rob
jmrydholm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Beans. Thanks! I'll look one up.
-John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: