ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How a SMS game like Alex Kidd will look on the GameGear???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keropi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: How a SMS game like Alex Kidd will look on the GameGear??? Reply with quote

I am interested in buying a GG flash card, but I have this little question:
As far as I know there is no Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the GG, and the GG flash supports SMS rom images, but how SMS games look like on the smaller GG screen resolution? Can someone post a photo of Alex Kidd playing on a GG ???
Please?

Thanx!
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't work. The game would have to be re-written for GG resolution. You can use a MasterGear Coverter to use the actual SMS game on the GG, however. It just displays what you'd see on a TV onto the LCD, so it looks a little squashed imo due to the higher SMS resolution forced to fit on a smaller screen (designed mainly for GG resolution, but with SMS compatibility still in mind), rather than the pixel-for-pixel perfect look of the GG games run in GG mode.

But, if you wanted that crisper look of the GG games, it can be re-written...you'd just be zoomed in a bit further than you'd like. To see an idea of what it would be like, you can ground pin 44 (or is it 43 or 45?) of the cart slot while the GG is hacked to display on a real TV...it is the pin that tells the GG whether to run in GG or SMS mode. You'll see a windo form around the center of the screen, as if it were a GG game. Of course, it would be extremely difficult to play this way, since the game will still scroll at the edges designated by the TV, not the window.

For plans to get a GG hooked to a TV, see here:

http://www.smspower.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2539&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

-Rob

EDIT: I believe I may have overcomplicated your question...I forgot the GG card supports SMS images...I was thinking, for some reason of other GG flash cards that people have put SMS rom images on. Basically, the tototek one is able to switch that pin I mentioned, and I forgot about that.

But anyway, it's a little squashed, but great for most games.
keropi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx rbudrick !!!!

I think for now I'll get a SMS flash...
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, this should probably be in th GG forum. But, you're welcome! Hope I didn't make it more confusing, heh heh.

-Rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at :
http://artofwar.free.fr/dossiers/dossier_linker_snes_et_gg.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: