ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disk Drive replacement, Double Pro Fighter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shrimp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Disk Drive replacement, Double Pro Fighter Reply with quote

Now I've been up all morning and still haven't got this darn thing to work. I get the message "No Disk" when trying to perform all the tasks where the disk drive is used. I have now also tried another disk drive that works on my computer. Still the same message.. Any thoughts? And yes I have tried different disks Wink
/shrimp

EDIT: It's the Double Pro Fighter Q+ (CD-rom version)
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some background information might help. Did you just aqquire the DPFQ+, or have you had it awhile and it suddenly stopped working with disks? Did you have it in storage or just unused for along time and when you powered it up again it wasn't working? Maybe it's a loose/bad connection between the DPF PCB and Floppy. Or maybe it's a blown fuse or something. I'm sure someone else around here probably has a better idea of what could be wrong.
shrimp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the DPFQ+, the guy who sold it couldn't get it to start at all, so it was sold "As is". It had been in his possession for a long time. I guess that it has not been used recently. All that was actually needed was a NTSC->PAL converter. Things not related to the disk drive works fine.
Question
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have an NTSC system to try it on and see if that makes any difference do you? Again the most common things I would imagine are a blown fuse or a bad connection like a loose cable. You're probably going to have to open it up, just be sure to use the usual sensitive electronics common sense. In other words don't do it while standing on carpet or something, discharge yourself of static electricity, etc. It could be something obvious if you're lucky.
madman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of a lot of problems with PFQs in the past. It could be a bad floppy controller chip. Who uses floppy disks today anyhow Smile I'd order one of Tomy's parallel port cards and use that.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He makes a good point, plus if you can load ROMs that way, it's much better than off the floppy. Much faster no doubt, and no file splitting required for multipule disks. Ofcourse I am amused by putting in several floppy disks to load games on my GDSF3.
shrimp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be the way to go for me.. Just hate it when my stuff doesn't work. Everything looks alright inside the unit. And it starts up just fine. Well well.. Right now there was only a few games I needed to backup, but since I need these dumped pronto, I'm meeting up with a guy this weekend to dump them with his eprom-reader. Thanks for the help though! I think I'll have to order the parallel-port card in a not too distant future.
Thanks
/shrimp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: