ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merge utility works, if anyone wants Gal's Dungeon, send me a PM. Now to convert the other way...
ChimyFolkButter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I can't wait to get one these MGDs and try this myself. Everyone on this board is making it easier to make backups.

-CFB
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman,

New mgdlinker released, it is v1.1b. Download from the same link before : http://www.tototek.com/tomy/fds/mgdlinker.rar
Please check it out. Default is delay 10. I make delay 15 for you before.
I tell you how can you know which value is good for you. For e.g, if delay 11 to 15 is work for you, then use middle value is delay 13. Understand ?
(delay 13 is most stable value for you)

Rob,

Please try new version software to see if it work for you. Slow PC use small value, Fast PC use large value. Because fast PC need to delay more. Value can set from 1 to 20.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone developed a way of creating your own NES code and making it into an FDS image? I imagine this wouldn't be that difficult with ROM images that can fit entirely in the FDS' RAM adapter.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean a converter tool? Nothing like that exists because cartridges and disk games have radically different memory maps. On the other hand, it's very possible to port small FDS (one time load) to cartridge, larger games require rewriting.

If you mean has anyone privately written FDS code, of course. It's not TOO difficult but it's far more involved than a cartridge. Unless you want to write a technical demo, I'd say forget about it. If you're thinking about tinkering with the FDS, there's absolutely no reason to code for disks either since you're far more free in a traditional cartridge and you have the same access to the I/O registers when the RAM adapter is placed on the cartridge bus.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyuusaku said it far more eloquently than I could have. The only thing you gain from the FDS is the extra sound channel. But then, some mappers do that, iirc, so whatever. Maybe they don't do the same sound as the FDS channel, but if you're dying for extra channels, then chances are you're making a bigger game than the fds can handle anyway.

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: