ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kyuusaku Please can you help me !! ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer wouldn't read the bad floppys like the SMD , only the double profighter read it fine Rolling Eyes . But when the SMD start reading it never lock up or maybe my db25 cable is too long ? 1m75 !!! , i'll buy new floppys because all of mine are very used now... About my homemade disk drive: it's not working something is wrong but i will find the problem by looking at the original , i'll tell you where is the problem .Then i'll sell the 16meg SMD with it and a 24m double profighter (with a very interesting main bord , different from the others : modified with wires and capacitors ,certainly by ccl maybe a first revision) and also a second cd7 for sale (i've built the second just for fun Very Happy )

I have household to make Mr. Green

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take pictures of the strange DPF before you sell it, I'm curious :)

Can you try with a shorter cable? That is a little long, probably not the problem though.
gogo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try as soon as possible with a shorter cable...

Now about my DPF , i have uploaded for you scans of the pcb (front & back) in 300dpi , in fact i have realized that this DPF was different from the others when i bought a second one.
http://membres.lycos.fr/greatfunky/hpbimg/dpf%20rev1%20front.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/greatfunky/hpbimg/dpf%20rev1%20back.jpg
You can compare with QJimbo's PCB scan (same as my 2nd DPF )
http://www.randomsonicnet.org/workshop/BoardTop.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is one of the first release ,also i noticed the passthrough adapter is shaking inside his plastic case (that looking cheap) but not in my 2nd unit , they put a plastic pin to block the pcb
A capacitor was soldered behind the md passthrough connector , another was cutted.....5 wires soldered behind.... nobody could make such a modification except CCL.
But finally it work like a charm and you can't see any other difference between an other DPF
Maybe it was a badly conceived revision , at the origin of the DPF's bad reputation ? Confused

gogo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About your pinout kyuusaku , i found the problem : there is two errors , pin 28 go to 12 not 24 and pin 29 go to 13 not 25 . Pins 24 &25 couldn't be used because they're at gnd , now it work fine Smile
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you fixed it.

Your DPF board has a space for a built in parallel port; I think it might actually be a revision to the original.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: