ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMS-Pro SRAM (Saver) doesn't work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: SMS-Pro SRAM (Saver) doesn't work? Reply with quote

I am using SRAM to refer to the on-cartridge RAM used for saving games or (in some games) extra RAM. The SMS-Pro supports it when enabled using the "Saver" option in the DreamWriter software, giving "S0", "S1" etc in the list when enabled.

When I enable SRAM support for a game, whether flashed with the loader/menu or not, the SRAM does not work - it contains some random-seeming data and is not writable.

Writing and then reading SRAM from the DreamWriter software results in the same result every time it is read - random-seeming data (not any of the ROM data).

The result is the same using DreamWriter 2.1 and 2.3.

Is there a problem with the cartridge I am using? Data written to the flash area works perfectly.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maxim,

When you buy it ? I tested it before ship. I flash some sms game on sms pro. And a rpg game that come with save. I can load the status for that game. Have you tested it before flash new game ? If you need , I can send you software to test sram area.
Maxim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomy, I borrowed this SMS-Pro from Omar at SMS Power!, he bought it a few years ago, but did not use it recently and does not remember using its SRAM capability.

All games not using SRAM work perfectly.

Test 1: using "Page Frame Register Detect 2.00" program, no menu (hand-fixed checksum to avoid SOFTWARE ERROR). This program attempts to detect backup RAM and mapper capabilities.

->

Test 2: using "Desert Speedtrap" and "Page Frame Register Detect 2.00" program, with menu. Desert Speedtrap uses on-cart RAM in-game to store the level data, so the graphics are corrupted when SRAM is not functioning.

->

You are welcome to send me any more software to test with. I mainly want to get the "Phantasy Star" RPG to save correctly, and to check if I am making any mistake win the DreamWriter software.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I will send you windows program to test sram. If it is ok, then it should be ok. Also, when you received it. It contain PS1 with save. I try to load it , and it is ok before ship.
Any game need page 0 selectable ?
Maxim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a few games need page 0 selectable - Space Gun (Sega mapper) and Excellent Dizzy Collection (Codemasters mapper), I'm not familiar with any others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: