ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build your own Utility Disc with own ROMs - Not working???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Build your own Utility Disc with own ROMs - Not working??? Reply with quote

Hi,

First of all I want to say that what you've made is fantastic and I'm by no means complaining!

However, I have tried to make numerous Utility Discs with the software from the tototek website and have failed.

I have even just tried to make one using the initial files you get with the download.

I'm using windows XP media center edition (Don't know if that's relevant!)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ross
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By what do you mean "utility disc"?
Silver28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A utility disc is what the creators of the megacart call a bootable disk (with roms) that can be used in conjunction with the mega CD and megadrive.

It allows you to flash ROMS to the megacart and play them.
fonzie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

First of all I want to say that what you've made is fantastic and I'm by no means complaining!
However, I have tried to make numerous Utility Discs with the software from the tototek website and have failed.
I have even just tried to make one using the initial files you get with the download.
I'm using windows XP media center edition (Don't know if that's relevant!)

Thx dude. Sorry, since this post is in "complain", i did not notice it... Maybe tomy will move it in megacart section.

To build and utility disc, you just open megacart adaptator driver, then click "utility disc>build utility disc" and all is fine, no error at this step, right?

Then you open nero, and do "file>burn image" and then you select the ud_burn.cue sheet... Still no error at this point?

Then you put an empty good brand 650 or 700MB CDR in your burner and click "burn" (don't burn at 50X too), still ok?

Then you put the utility disc in your segacd, hold START and poweron the system, you should see your bios detecting the disc and booting it (you can release start).

Thx

Fonzie
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most old systems (Duo, SegaCD, etc.) need CDRs to be burned at very slow speeds (1x-4x tops, usually), so that's a good point, Fonzie.

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: