ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNES copiers and BRAM size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ns2007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: SNES copiers and BRAM size Reply with quote

Hi,
I currently own a GD SF7, and I see those units can only use up to 256Kbit of BRAM for saving. I'd really like to have more BRAM (which I use for developpement purposes)

A quick search seemed to show that the most common units like SWC-DX or Super Ufo also have this 256 Kbit limitation.

So my question is : is there any copier out there that will manage more BRAM ?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
ns2007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's bad news.

I couldn't find the spec anywhere on Tototek's site, but it seems that Tigersoft's card will manage 1024 Kbits of SRAM. Howerer I read about a bug in the mapping of SRAM for HiROM games.
Does this bug only affect SRAM transfers from/to an original cart ?
If I buy this product, will I be able to access the whole Meg of SRAM from a homebrew ROM on the flash cart, and transfer it back to my PC ?
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea of the exact bug with that cart, but that’s an awful lot of SRAM your using. Smile
madman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you writing the entire game to be ran from SRAM? Smile
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ns2007 wrote:
If I buy this product, will I be able to access the whole Meg of SRAM from a homebrew ROM on the flash cart, and transfer it back to my PC ?

I don't have a SuperFlash but I suspect it's hardwired to have 4 banks of 256K. Perhaps it can be configured for the full 1M but I wouldn't count on it.

I think the best solution for you would be to take a cheap game cart w/ SRAM, disable the ROM, replace SRAM with 1M and make your own GDSF header which makes your SF7 pass SRAM access to the upper connector. You will have to add some logic so the RAM doesn't conflict with ROM. If you are using LoROM mode, the best way would be to skip A15 just like ROM so the RAM would appear in $60-7F:0000-7FFF. (RAM A15 = SNES A16 & RAM A16 = SNES A17)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: