ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goldfinger codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcvmvcx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Goldfinger codes? Reply with quote

Does anyone know a site where I can find gold finger codes for the GDSF7?
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that matter, does anyone know the whole story as to why so many code formats exist? I'm guessing everyone started encrypting and the diffrent formats branched from that point.

Are Goldfinger codes encrypted or not? Are there any un-encrypted cheat code formats now days for that matter?

I guess on an additional note, I wonder how they came up with the name for Goldfinger. Perhaps a bad translation from a Chinese counter-part name?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The codes aren't encrypted. With a little work you can convert decrypted Game Genie codes to Gold Finger but you can't turn codes off in Gold Finger like you can in Game Genie. Gold Finger works by patching the ROM and each code can only address 8M so you must patch each 8M block.. it's really crappy.

My guess about the name is that the cheats give you a good player's ("golden") thumb ("finger")
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, if you read any copier box, the Chinese actually reads (literally) "Gold Finger". I know a lot of Chinese people (non-gamers) who always scratch their heads because under the list of features it literally reads “Gold Finger”. What kind of feature could that be?!? Did someone loose a finger? Is my copier gold color? Smile
satanas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

Amazing timing... I was about to post a similar thread here regarding the Goldfinger device. I have one and it works perfectly, but I would like to update the codes and ROM on it. I have the software but thats it... I've seen kits for connecting the Goldfinger to your computer via a special ISA card and parallel cable. Is this ISA card just a parallel port? If not, does anyone know if a PCI version exists? Thanks!

--ST
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking about the Action Replay clone for PlayStation right? The rest of us are talking about cheat codes for SNES copiers, not quite the same :)

Anyways, the hardware you need to connect it to the PC is called a Comms Link card, and it's only available as an ISA card. There were three makers AFAIK: Datel, EMS and Xinga. The interface is not a parallel port although it uses the same cable and it's almost compatible with the bidirectional parallel port. People have come up with solutions to simulate the comm link protocol with a normal parallel port but of course it needs new hardware and new software (or hacked software) There's another similar cheat device called an Xplorer or Xploder which doesn't need a Comm link card, it links to the PC with a normal parallel port by default.
satanas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah jeez... sorry about that! Thank you for your reply though! Yes, the unit I have is the GoldFinger for PS1 (cloned Action Replay).

--ST
acem77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what cheat devices are popular for ps2 and dc in japan.
some imports id love to find codes for.
they must have somthing like we have in the usa for newer systems.
the usa/uk companies seem to have cheats for every release.
it would be nice to find cheats for jap games.

i love the days of the action replay. it was so easy and fun to make codes for games on the psx and saturn. and with the new emulators its easy to make code for most of the old systems.

the newest system i made cheats for was xbox now that takes a lot more work and tools to do.
MiSTiFCHRiS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a random Gameboy thing and it had "Goldfinger codes". Probably totally different but heres a link about it

http://mistifchris.50webs.com/gbsacker.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: