ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ho do you use the super flash programmer v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: ho do you use the super flash programmer v3 Reply with quote

i just purchased this unit and have no clue how to use it. can someone help me? i also purchased something similar for use with the sega genesis. any help would be great.
jason
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220155199560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

thats what i purchased
MrCheese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are the same in principle. Have a look at this post: http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1557&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The 5th post.
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did everythign according to that post and still can't get this to work. the program isn't reading the cart. can someone please help me?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into your PC BIOS and make a note of the LPT address (it MUST be 278, 378, 2F8, 3F8) and ensure it is set to EPP. Fire up windows XP. Go into control panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management --> Device Manager --> Ports ( COM & LPT ) --> Printer Port. Right mouse button and select the resources tab. The I/O Range should be the same setting as the BIOS. In my port settings tab I have "Never use an Interrupt" selected. In dreamwriter select the same port address.

Ensure the cable from the parallel port to the programmer is straight through. Ensure your USB port is providing 5v. I connect it to a powered USB hub to ensure it gets enough votage.

Try that lot.
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did all that and everything is correct. so i am guessing its my usb. how can i tell if it's throwing out 5 volts? also if it isn't how can i get it to?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have more than 1 pc you can try powering the card from the other PC's USB. In the past I had the parallel cable connected to 1 PC with the flashing software installed and the USB going to another PC (via a powered hub). The USB is ONLY for providing power to the programmer card. I bet even just plugging the USB into a powered hub would work. I have always ran the cards from a powered USB hub so it takes power from the hub not my mobo.

Try writing on this forum the BIOS LPT port address, the LPT port setting (SPP, EPP, ECP etc) the computer management port address and the flashing software port address. Have you tried the cart on the console? Is there any software on it? What do you get on screen? Are you CERTAIN the DB25 cable is straight through?
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i bought a hub and tried to get it to work and still nothing. i donwloaded the most recent versions of both software for each programmer. both cartridges work on their system with a few games on each. I'll provide as much information I can to get these both to work.

BIOS Revision 1001A
VGA BIOS Sequence PCI/AGP
Onboard Parallel Port 378h/IRQ7
Parallel Port Mode EPP

That is everything from the start up.

Printer Port(LPT1)
Never use a interupt
Port Number (LPT1)
Resources Type
I/0 Range 0378 - 037F

That is everything from the Computer Management.

Can anyone help me?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the cart work in your console?
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes both carts work on their respective systems. the snes cart has a power rnager game and tales of philmatism or something like thta. the genesis has phantasy star and splatterhouose 2.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is one of these:

Inability to set parallel port to EPP
Duff USB / USB voltage
Duff cable
2 x duff programmers

I would discount the 2 x duff programmers for now. It seems you have the port set to EPP and 378 so that leaves the cable and USB. You bought a hub - but is it a POWERED hub? If so that should sort the USB. That leaves the cable. Have you got more than 1 cable? If so try the other cable. Also - do you switch the switch on the programmer to ON after inserting the cart?

You really need to try this kit on another PC as well.
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got both to work now. It was the usb cable itself. now how do you take games off the cartridge?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be asking me how to chew food next.
bluesquall280

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i mean is that it seems that you can't save the games on the cart because everytime you load new ones it deletes the old ones. is this how it works?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On dreamwriter for Megadrive you use the "Ram" icons on the toolbar - read the tooltips. These save the carts game backups. For SNES use the Backup card SAV and Upload card SAV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: