ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Pro Fighter Q+ - SRAM save and upload while playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Super Pro Fighter Q+ - SRAM save and upload while playing Reply with quote

Hi,

I just wondered if it was possible to upload and /or download the sram via the parallel port while playing a game with a PFQ+. If not is there any other device that might allow that kind of operation.

I'm also looking for people familiar with SNES backup unit ROM Bios. I appreciate if you can get in touch with me.

Thank in advance for your answer,

++ Lint
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not unless you can use the parallel port at the real time save menu which is the only way it'd be possible. There are no devices that I'm aware of that can do this.
lint

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any information on how the realtime save is working on the backup units that have it ?

Thanks,

++ Lint
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked it out but I can guess: the controller is usually polled every NMI, the copier watches the register for a match with the hotkeys, a match causes an interrupt and bankswitches the BIOS in, the BIOS saves the state or loads the state (except for APU) and continues gameplay.

The game state has to be stored in the system's DRAM because the SFC has 128KiB WRAM and RTS support in Pro Fighters only adds an additional 8KiB SRAM and ROM.

It's also very possible that the copier BIOS just hooks the game's NMI like an Action Replay so that a hardware comparator isn't necessary. This would steal quite a few cycles from the CPU and could be problematic on high performance games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: