ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with new SF7 - please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhaunet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Problems with new SF7 - please help Reply with quote

I received my Game Doctor SF7. I use SEGA Genesis model 1 power adapred (9v, 1.2A, center negative). Then I connect power supply I can hear a short noise from floppy (but led isn't blinking). It have 32MBit inside and 64MBit in expansion slot.

SNES outputs a blank screen to TV, no matter if SF7 is connected or not. I tried it with and without 64MBit memory extension, with regular and blue DSP passthrough, and it doesn't start. I gently pushed the BIOS chip. I cleaned contacts on both SF7 and SNES side by inserting and removing passthrough adapter for 20-30 times (this works on my Genesis, Saturn and MSX).

Still nothing. Please advice what should I try next. Or should I ask Tomy for repair? Obviously shipping back and forth will be equal to cost of the unit itself...

I heard about some sort of security chip in SNES. I use old-style big North American SNES. Do I have to change something in it?

Please help me! Thanks a lot!

Last edited by dhaunet on Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhaunet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I had a very nice chat with Tomy over MSN. He suggested trying SNES with a cartridge game first, and if it's not working - replace it with another SNES. Sounds like a great advice. I'll go buy a crappy 2$ sports game cartridge for testing. I'll keep everyone posted on my SF7 journey Smile
dhaunet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought SNES back to store, and they checked it with a cart, and it was toasted! I didn't got a replacement yet, but soon I will Wink Hopefully this time all will work fine
timofonic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or buy games with SFX and DSP Wink
dhaunet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm not interested in games with special chips inside. I bought SF7 to see if I can have some fun with SNES homebrew development. Running your code on actual hardware is quite rewarding (well, at least if you are from the same geek crowd as me) Smile
dhaunet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a working SNES, and now everything is working great! SF7 is a very good unit. Learning how to use ucon64 with "-gd3" and "-s" parameters was a cake.

Blue DSP adapter doesn't help running Mario Kart, so it's kind of useless.

96MBits of ram are very handy. I can load a lot of games and then just use them.

Shared BRAM for all games is a bit of the problem, but once you get to know how to save and load it to/from disk, all it reasonably fine with saves.

I didn't tried parallel port upload yet, but will do so soon. I still have to finish Phantasy Star 2 on my MD64Pro and play some Metal Slug on my NeoGeo CD Smile

Life is good! Thanks ToToTEK!
The Dumper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue DSP passthrough adapter works fine with Mario Kart. Did you perhaps mean Pilotwings? Pilotwings needs a patch to work with the blue DSP adapter.
cdiablo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dumper wrote:
The blue DSP passthrough adapter works fine with Mario Kart. Did you perhaps mean Pilotwings? Pilotwings needs a patch to work with the blue DSP adapter.

Dumper can you tell me where to find this patch 4 pilotwings. Are there any other patches to use to use games on GD7?? Thanks dude.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a Super Bases Loaded patch you need if you are using a HiROM DSP1 (like in the blue DSP adapter) with a LoROM DSP1 game. These patches can be used on a SWC system too.

I think you can find them here:

http://defaced.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: