ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding SNES Flash Carts...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackrabite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Regarding SNES Flash Carts... Reply with quote

In the demo pictures, the flash carts are shown with a blue BIOS screen where one selects the game s/he wishes to play. This is a nice feature.

However, is it possible to disable this BIOS if I only have one game on the cart? Example: If I have a translated Tales of Phantasia on a 64 Mbit cart, is there anyway to get that blue screen to not appear, since it is no longer needed? Thank you for the prompt reply!

Regards,
Ben

edit: a couple more questions:

1) What exactly is a CIC-161 chip used for?
2) Is this my best choice of an auction for my purposes:
"SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit with case for SNEX"

edit2: answering some of my own questions:

1) CIC-161 is the lock-out chip which the SNES requires to be present on a cartridge in order for it to read the game.
2) Yes, along with a CIC-161 chip, I will be good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: