ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Technical question 'bout Pro Fighter X 2 Turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Technical question 'bout Pro Fighter X 2 Turbo Reply with quote

Hi there,

I Finally menaged to get my hands on a second hand Pro Fighter X 2 Turbo. Looks great, solid, probably will do a good job... except that there was no power suply shipped with it.

The people I bought it from don't know a thing about this box, a search on internet turned out very disappointing. Alot to be found about the PFX but nothing concerning power-supplies.

So, if anyone of you people know how much voltage I must use and just as important how much Amps it uses, I will be very very thankfull.

Chris..

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.: Sorry about what may be bad grammar.. I'm self-taught english-user.. Wink

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
madman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should use the same 9v center negative power supply that all other copiers use. The PS from a Genesis I should work fine.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Should use the same 9v center negative power supply that all other copiers use. The PS from a Genesis I should work fine.

I can confirm this. I have a Genesis 1 power supply that I use with most of my copiers (GDSF3, Double Pro Figher, Pro Fighter X2 Turbo) and it works fine. I would suggest you get Tototek's parallel port adaptor for faster parallel port transfers.
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Madman and eastbayarb for your help. The Pro Fighter is up and running! I do believe there's a small problem with the thing. Almost all the games I converted from *.smc to*.1, *.2 etc format don't work when the DSP is ON. I can't see the name of the rom during the loading sequence, when loaded, the screen goes black. Non-DSP games run well.

I use SNESTool 1.2 for the convert, I tried using IPS, slowrom fixing, even fix for pal or ntsc. I also used Ucon64 for cracking (-k) and other options I could find. Converting to .1 files using Ucon isn't a succes, since Ucon changes it to SF format, .078. and that fileformat isn't working on my Fighter, it keeps searching for more files when all disks are used.

I tried all that with Killer Instinct, Super Streetfighter 2, Final Fight 3 even Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 aren't working. I tried both Euro and Usa versions. My SNES are PAL with both MODS (regio-chip and PAL/NTSC switch) The BIOS on the Pro Fighter is 2.02. I also own a Super Famicon, on that one I can't get the Pro Fighter started.

ps. There's a lot of difference in hardware between the Famicon and the SNES, funny to see that the Famicon has a detachble sound-unit. Cool

Anyone has an idea what to do, I still believe tha I'm doing something wrong during the converting.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: