ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

msx/x68000 to psx controller adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should ToToTek carry MSX/X68000 to PSX Controller Adapters?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hell Yes!!
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

awestyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: msx/x68000 to psx controller adapter Reply with quote

I would love it if ToToTek would make an adapter for this series (x68k/msx). (And then for FM-Towns, but that would be pushing my luck)

I actually found a guy who makes the msx/x68k -> psx adapters in Japan, but he is asking waaay too much for them.

If anyone else is interested, please vote and/or respond in this thread so we can show there is support for this cause!
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approximately 10 people in North America have an X68k, and I think maybe 200 have one in Asia in working condition, and 10 percent of them even know they have one in their attic. Maybe 5 of them use theirs more than twice a year.

As for the MSX, that would be more popular and I'd probably buy one, but I know I'm seriously in the minority here.

-Rob
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By X68K/MSX/FM-T -> PSX, do you mean use those controllers on a PSX or use PSX controllers on those systems like Tototek's other controller products?

Either way, this would be trivial to pull off, but I personally don't see the appeal at all in converting controllers unless you are emulating a system.
awestyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I mean using a Playstation controller on these systems. The x68k and the msx both use the same controller pinout. The fmt uses a slightly different pinout. Yeah, so the x68k isn't mega popular but it has a bigger following than what you say. I have two x68000's and play on them a few times a month. I have the emulators for x68k and msx as well, but it just isn't the same. As for the MSX, this has a HUGE following around the world. I personally own a 1chip MSX and a Panasonic MSX TurboR GT.

So far now, I own practically every gaming system you could think of and have PS controller adapters for just about all of them except for these. I know they have been made and that they would be easy to produce. And hey, this is a product suggestion board right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: