ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Satellaview Cart Writer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Satellaview Cart Writer Reply with quote

Tomy,

It's be great if you could come up with a device to program actual Satellaview carts so we could all play the games on the original hardware. I know I'd buy one right away!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably already do this with the SuperFlash base unit, someone just needs to write a custom programming algorithm.
Shou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would probably be easier to figure out how to program the ROM pack themselves rather than having to go through the SGB like Satellaview cart...that's my assumption anyway.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would be very slightly easier to directly interface with the memory card, but it would be a real waste of money/time/resources to make an entirely new device who's sole purpose is to read and write a 8M FlashROM via a custom connector. All the Satellaview cart does pertaining to the memory card is map the FlashROM into SNES memory, so once you know the address range (I'm sure SNES enthusiasts already know this), it's no different than directly interfacing with the memory card AND you don't have to develop new hardware or software, just update the software for another set of addresses, and FlashROM commands for writing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: