ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SF7 DSP blue adaptor question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Everblue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: SF7 DSP blue adaptor question Reply with quote

Hi,

I am getting a Game Doctor SF7 copier. From what I understand there is some hard-to-find DSP adaptor which connects to this copier and lets you play DSP games.

Is there an alternative to this DSP adaptor, such as insert a DSP game instead (such as Pilotwings) in order to play another other DSP title?

Thanks!

E'Blue
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used my Super Mario Kart cartridge to run most (if not all) DSP1 games with great success.
Everblue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, great, no need for that DSP blue thing. I have a Pilotwings cart- I assume it will be just as good?
Everblue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SF7 I am getting has 32mbit of RAM. Can I add 64mbit of RAM making the total 96mbit, or it has to be done in pairs?

Thankyou!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everblue wrote:
The SF7 I am getting has 32mbit of RAM. Can I add 64mbit of RAM making the total 96mbit, or it has to be done in pairs?

Thankyou!

The GDSF7 has to RAM ports. One is inside of the unit (which requires you open the case), and the other is easily accessible via the door on the bottom. You can have 32mb, 64mb, 96mb, or 128mb. I have only seen memory modules availible in 32mb/64mb increments. If you have a 32mb unit now and room for another, you can add another 32mb RAM chip, or 64mb RAM chip. If you have 96mb of RAM, you can then play Star Ocean on your GDSF7 (currently that is only way to play the translated USA Star Ocean on any copier).
Everblue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

I am trying to split roms to fit them on floppy disks using ucon64.

When using the -s command it only splits them to 1.00megs each, I would prefer them to be 1.6 each.... according to the UCON64 readme:

--ssize=SIZE specify split part size in Mbit (not for Game Doctor SF3)

Does this mean I cannot split files any size I want for Game Doctor SF3 (which is the same format as SF7, from what I understand?)

Thank you very much again.

E'blue
Everblue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing.... to send files to the copier from PC using UCON64, can I use a USB to PC cable such as this one?

Thank you again![/img]
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Everblue"]One more thing.... to send files to the copier from PC using UCON64, can I use a USB to PC cable such as this one?

Thank you again![/img][/quote

I don't think USB to parallel port cables work. Your best bet is a straight parallel port cable. And Windows XP (if that is your operating system) is very finicky with parallel ports.
Everblue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I was hoping to use a USB to Parallel because my PC isnt anywhere near my SFC setup (no TV nearby), so I was hoping to be able to use a laptop Sad

As for OS, yeah, I use Windows XP.
Everblue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered 64mbit upgrade (for a total of 96mbit) + parallel cable for my SF7 Smile

Now if only someone can be so nice to point me to the English translated 96mbit verion of star ocean Embarassed
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't plug Pilotwings to play Mario Kart. Because Pilotwings is lo-rom game, Mart Kart is hi-rom game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: