ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super UFO Pro 8 Pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofx51

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Super UFO Pro 8 Pics Reply with quote

Here are some pics of my super ufo pro 8 if anyone is interested in seeing them.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v144/thesonofx51/Super%20UFO/
misfit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got one of these, it's always been really reliable and seems to read anything i put in it. Ive always wondered if it's possible to do a floppy to SD or CF setup? What i like most is the save state feature, the fact that whatever you're playing will stay in the ram,, The downside has to be the horrible music it plays while you're loading games. I do have a couple of questions though. How do you get games with the fx chip to run? I have a pal cartridge of starfox and it doesnt detect the fx chip when i put an FX floppy in. Does yours work. btw, if yours hasnt got the dsp chip it's easy to install
sonofx51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does not have the dsp chip, do I have to rip from a game? I think the only ones I would be interested in playing would be Mario Kart and Pilot Wings. If I have to take it from a game which the cheapest DSP game out there? also I have not tried a SFX game, don't have one to use as a pass through. As far as the unit, I love it. It sucks that some games won't load up with the Hyper feature enabled, but I also like how the games stay in the ram while the power supply is connected to it.
misfit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the dsp out of a japanese mario cart and it works really well. The socket on the ufo is just a plug type so no soldering needed. I think my fx problem is that i have a pal snes modded to NTSC and that the starfox cart is pal.

Ummm, whats the hyper feature? Yep, i really don't think i know
sonofx51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you switch from NORMAL to HYPER that's what activates the Real Time Save, as well as X-T codes, or gold finger codes if you have them. I was playing Iron Commando the other day and tried to activate the hyper mode so I could use real time saves since the game itself does not have any save features, but the game freezes right before level 1 starts up.
misfit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we have different revision bios? Or maybe i'm blind. You get a list of key combinations just before starting a game right? I'm going to re-conect mine tonight and play Der Langrisser. Maybe i do know what hypermode is.
misfit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got bios 8.1c, anyway, yep Smile it is the hyper mode
misfit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong, I have bios 8.8. Worked out a few things that may be useful for you,, I find using ucon64 and the switches -l -k -f seem to make roms alot more comatible with the use of Hyper mode. And,, try converting to either .FIG or .UFO, for some odd reason this can change things as well. I have the english translated Langrisser working fine.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip, I'll try it out tomorrow.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most copiers will not run games with coprocessor chips in them (like Super FX, Cx4, OBC-1, SA-1, SDD-1) but there are some exceptions.

For example Star Fox uses an early version of the Super FX and DOES work when plugged into my Game Doctor SF7. However a later FX game like Doom does not. I imagine the reason behind this could be because the Star Fox cartridges are supposed to have their own Clock. But most other chips work off a Clock signal on the cartridge connector. I don't believe most Copiers pass this signal through very well or at all.

About loading these games from Floppies and using a "Pass Through" cartridge. Some copier will let you plug in a game with a DSP-1 chip to use to play DSP-1 games you loaded from a Floppy. However there is confusion as people think other chip games work this way too, but they do not.

Chip games excluding DSP-1, are directly connected to the ROM chips. So the Super FX, doesn't talk to the ROM chip through the cartridge connector, it has direct access. This means you can't load Super FX roms from floppy disks to play on your copier with a pass-through cartridge that has the Super FX chip in it. The reason would be because the Super FX chip would have to be connected to the RAM in your Copier like it is to the ROM in the cartridge and that is not possible.

I bet that if you really wanted to though, you could do some serious modding and make your Copier support a chip like Super FX but it wouldn't be easy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: