ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atari Jaguar Flashcart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Atari Jaguar Flashcart Reply with quote

Hello guys!,

how about making a Atari Jaguar Flashcart like this one for Megadrive.
The Jaguar is also a MC68k driven machine. It would be a cool because hardware developements for the Jaguar are really rare Sad

Robert
timofonic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been talking with Tomy and Leo for the past week, feeding them specs to build one. Just waiting for Tomy to pop back up on MSN so we can get the ball rollin' on this project. Wink
vanadium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I've been talking with Tomy and Leo for the past week, feeding them specs to build one. Just waiting for Tomy to pop back up on MSN so we can get the ball rollin' on this project. Wink

Heh, that was me who said that.

That said, the difficulty in producing one is that the Jaguar was never released in HK and it only sold about 2000 units in Japan, so you can see why developing one would be difficult.

I have some friends with an Atari-made flash-cart that was used internally, along with a Jaguar, that we should be sending Tototek's way in the next couple of weeks for reverse-engineering and development.

Seeing as when Hasbro bought Atari (before they sold it to Infogrames), they released all copyrights to the hardware thus making it perfectly legal to reverse-engineer and modify any hardware associated with the system. Sweet, eh?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanadium wrote:
That said, the difficulty in producing one is that the Jaguar was never released in HK and it only sold about 2000 units in Japan, so you can see why developing one would be difficult.

There never was a Japanese Jaguar (for good reason) those 2000 units must have been imported.
vanadium wrote:
I have some friends with an Atari-made flash-cart that was used internally, along with a Jaguar, that we should be sending Tototek's way in the next couple of weeks for reverse-engineering and development.

Jaguar has a cartridge simpler than the MD, it wouldn't take much to make this device. The bottom line is who'd buy this? I wouldn't and I don't know anyone who would.
vanadium wrote:
Seeing as when Hasbro bought Atari (before they sold it to Infogrames), they released all copyrights to the hardware thus making it perfectly legal to reverse-engineer and modify any hardware associated with the system. Sweet, eh?

I don't think anyone'd give a crap about this system legally either way, IMO its a waste of Leo's time. The sad thing is that Tototek doesn't know that yet since they've never played it.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

I would certainly buy it. I've been wanting a Jaguar flash cart for a while, but never had the skills to make one. That would rock.

-Rob
vanadium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, yeah there was. Want to see it?
http://members.cox.net/jmsmith8/IM000565.JPG

AvP Manuals in Japanese:
http://members.cox.net/jmsmith8/IM000567.JPG

Believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Jaguar.

I know of several developers and private individuals who'd snap one up in a heartbeat. In fact, the owner of that Japanese Jaguar (and a working JaguarVR, and...the list is huge all the rarities he owns) would also be the one fronting all the equipment to HK to make it happen.

Don't believe me that new releases don't get sold?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=3090999467&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo
New game, and it's not even much of one, going for $100.

This demonstrates there's a dedicated market for any new hardware or software for the system, regardless of whether you like it, or even much care.

Or how about Battlesphere, perhaps the best game developed for the system? It's in such demand it's commanding $300+ constantly.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=3089109897&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

In any case, the point I'm getting at is don't let your bad attitude toward the system spill over onto those that would be more than willing to pony up the $$$ to buy new things for it. System advocacy is like an unwinnable war, and a highly lame one at that. At least have some respect for collectors and gamers of systems other than those you, yourself, collect and play.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may be useful for development pourposes:
http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25150

it is a jaguar flash cart with a eithernet socket, a bit picture of it is: http://home.t-online.de/home/Matthias.Domin/jethnetcombov1.jpg

the rj45 socket is on the back

the developer has put it on hold i beleive.

this coud be a useful alternative to the lpt port programmers

the above card even bosts internet access
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: