ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parallel Port's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Parallel Port's Reply with quote

I dont have a parallel port on my laptop or computer, and there have been many threads about usb to parallel port, and different parallel port cards to buy, but there isnt a specific answer. Could somebody please give me a simple answer as to which one to buy? I have many old school copyiers and backup units that need one. Thanks
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No USB to parallel adapters are known to work.

-Rob
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is there any parallel port pci cards that work?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
so is there any parallel port pci cards that work?

i would get a cheap, old school laptop or computer off of craigslist that runs at least windows 95 or 98. That's your best bet
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it matter what type of laptop as long as it has the parallel port? also, will a computer that old have a usb port for a hard drive so i can load roms? if u could just answer those questions then that would be absolutly perfect!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
does it matter what type of laptop as long as it has the parallel port? also, will a computer that old have a usb port for a hard drive so i can load roms? if u could just answer those questions then that would be absolutly perfect!

my laptop (IBM thinkpad T41) has usb and parallel and it works fine. I use USB devices with it as well as use it with my parallel port hardware like my GBXchanger, MD-PRO, and SMS-PRO
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you even have to careful with some laptops. The controller chip in some laptop parallel ports don't like some or all old school copiers. It's really a crapshoot. For the best compatibility, desktop onboard parallel controllers are best. Some have even said old ISA card parallel ports have the best compatibility.

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: