ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FFE still sells Super Wild Card DX2/Disk Dual brand new

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: FFE still sells Super Wild Card DX2/Disk Dual brand new Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know, I just bought a brand new Super Wild Card DX2 64MB and Disk Dual.

A man buy the name of Mr Lui, is availible at:

ffe@ms3.hinet.net

just wanna contribute to the forum!
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, still alive and kicking I see. How much did you pay? I guess they have a few old units left in the warehouses.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have lots of left over parts, but I wouldn't consider them all in "new" condition, it's the luck of the draw. Last time I ordered from them 4 years ago some of the units were freshly made (of salvaged parts), and some were clearly repaired units Rolling Eyes Probably the only surefire way to get an immaculate DX2 is to track down Liksang's stock.

I don't know what their prices are now but it was $190 for a 32M DX2, $210 for a 64M DX2, $100 for a Disk Dual. Don't remember if shipping was included, but before they only took bank transfers which for me added $30 onto the bill.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
They have lots of left over parts, but I wouldn't consider them all in "new" condition, it's the luck of the draw. Last time I ordered from them 4 years ago some of the units were freshly made (of salvaged parts), and some were clearly repaired units Rolling Eyes Probably the only surefire way to get an immaculate DX2 is to track down Liksang's stock.

I don't know what their prices are now but it was $190 for a 32M DX2, $210 for a 64M DX2, $100 for a Disk Dual. Don't remember if shipping was included, but before they only took bank transfers which for me added $30 onto the bill.

Mine was basically new. Sure looked like it inside and out. As for the prices, here is the initial email Mr Lui sent me after my inquiry:

"Dear ARB:

We still have super wild card DX2 64M & DiskDual

Super wild card DX2 64M price is 210USD/pce. This is price is include deliver charge. We use EMS to Deliver.

DiskDual price is 150USD/pce. This is price is include deliver charge. We use EMS to Deliver.

You can pay use credit card. You can use our order form to order.

You can fill in the order form that I send to you in this tome.

Please Authorized Signature ( not valid unless signed ) in the order form and save to image file , please use email send the image file to me is ok."

Prices did include shipping (3-5 days which was really fast), and after I filled in the form he emailed with my credit card info, I then scanned and emailed the completed form to him and he charged my credit card and shipped the unit. Pretty swift and very professional. I highly reccomend him as this is the 3rd time since the SWC DX2 came out in '96 that I ordered from him.

now if i can some how figure out how to get some of liksang's old stock....been a collector of these things more than a player
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<removed>

Last edited by CrackLtd on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? Contact the manager at FFE (Liu Meng-Ming) not anybody here.
madman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable.
Eidis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently bought one from Mr.Liu and was amazed about the quality of my purchase. The package itself was very carefully duct taped with Front Fareast Industrial written everywhere on it. Once I opened the package, I could only make sounds of awe. There it was, a brand new SWC DX2 64M in mint condition with DiskDual. The DiskDual itself was packaged in a suitcase shaped cardboard box. Inside it was a leather bag and in the bag was a massive DiskDual. I felt like one of my distant childhoods wish has finally come true. Dear Mr.Liu if you read this, I would like to thank you once again for bringing so much joy to my heart !!! Keep the SNES scene alive ! Smile
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that's how I received mine, which is why i made this post - so others can enjoy in the splendor of having a brand new SNES copier (Since I put a DVD-ROM drive and compact flash to IDE adaptor + 2gb compact flash, this combo beats the SNES-PRO by far).

Now if only I can find the Art of the Game CD-ROM collection by Numbers, I would be all set...
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased the same exact setup a while ago, also from Mr. Liu. He's a nice and reliable guy. For the games i have made myself a complete Set on 6 CDs. Following that priority: First all USA games, if not existant > as EUR games, if not existant > in its JAP version. This way i have all games available in its best version without wasting space for doubles. Its a perfect set, i love it!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLtd wrote:
I have purchased the same exact setup a while ago, also from Mr. Liu. He's a nice and reliable guy. For the games i have made myself a complete Set on 6 CDs. Following that priority: First all USA games, if not existant > as EUR games, if not existant > in its JAP version. This way i have all games available in its best version without wasting space for doubles. Its a perfect set, i love it!

that's the way i have it on my 2gb CF card. All availible USA games, then a folder for translated JAP games, and another for EUR games (Terranigma being converted to play in NTSC since it didn't have an american release), and finally, a folder for a few hacks and what not. Would be nice to have the Art of the Game CD-ROM set since those were catagorized by genre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: