ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad to leave cart in cartridge slot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxmofo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Bad to leave cart in cartridge slot? Reply with quote

The MGH only has a cover for one of the two slots. So whats worse, leaving the cartridge in the slot or letting it collect dust?

Thanks!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always put a cartridge in it, but don't push it down into the slot, just leave it on the top to block dust. Alternatively you could find something else to plug the slot. It really shouldn't hurt to leave a cartridge in the slot but I understand your thinking it would sorta stretch out the slot and make it less springy. So just cover it or put a cartridge on top but not pushed down.
maxmofo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's definitely what I was thinking. With the MGH you can hear this shwoosh sound as the pins get pushed to the sides by the cartridge. I guess I'll just shove some bubble wrap in the slot or something. Thanks.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble wrap was exactly what I did on my Game Doctor SF. Until I found the SNES cleaning cartridge which I stuck in there. You can remove the foam cleaning board and just use it as a plug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: