ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you change internal date in bios on the GDSF7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shoobydoo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: How do you change internal date in bios on the GDSF7? Reply with quote

I've noticed that BRAM saves from my SF7 to diskette have a 1992 creation/last-modified date in their properties (when accessing them on my PC), and was wondering how the internal date can be accessed/changed in it's bios?

The unit was shipped to me with the 7.11 Bios. Is there an application you load from diskette to do this, or does it need to be done over the lpt port......or can it be done at all? If an app is needed to access this, what is it and where can I get it? If it's something that can be normally accessed through some wierd button mashing on boot-up (since I don't see any 'change date' type choice in the normal menu functions) please tell me Smile

Sorry if this type of info is in the manual......but there was no manual (or diskette with any software) with the unit when I got it (from Tototek of course Wink )

Thank you
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that the SF7 does not have a flash BIOS, it has an EPROM. You have to remove the chip to reprogram it. If you were going to change the date in the BIOS you'd have to disassemble the BIOS code to locate it (which could take a while), remove the old EPROM chip, erase it, burn the new BIOS into it using an EPROM programmer and install it. It's possible, once somebody finds the right spot in the BIOS to make the mod you'll just need a UV eraser for the EPROM (or a new blank EPROM) and an EPROM programmer and you're good to go. I have the equipment, I just haven't explored the BIOS code.

Until you modify your BIOS I'd suggest you just get a program that will update all your file dates. There is a unix program called "touch" that will do this for you. You should be able to find a PC version of touch (I know there used to be one in MKS tools). If you don't want to do that you could use the PC to copy the file to a new name (so the date changes), then delete the original and rename the copy back to the original name (you could probably even do this with a batch file). I'd use touch.
Shoobydoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, thanks for the info Smile
Nah, it's not worth all that trouble.....I guess I was just thinking of the SF7 like I do my PC....where you can access the Bios and change the date and time and stuff lol Embarassed It's not a big deal since it doesn't actually effect gameplay or anything...I was just curious about it. Thanks again for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: