ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor Storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Game Doctor Storage Reply with quote

It has been quite some time since I have been here; I decided to get into DS homebrew and emulation instead of this for the time being (NOT cheap!!).
Well now I am back again to ask one last question about the sf7 before I save up and purchase. Last time I was here someone told me the game doctor uses an external power supply to keep games and game saves in memory, right? So that must mean a power outage will completely stamp out my lovely spent hours in an RPG or something... Is there a way to back up the save files? Not only would that be useful for backing up, but would be great if I feel like playing with a pc emulator and picking up where I left off... But then again does it use the same type of save file as SNES9X?
newton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save files can be transferred to and from the GD7 in the same way as a game rom - with a floppy or over the parallel port.

The "Write BRAM" option does it.

The backed up save file will work in any modern emulator once you rename it appropriately (something like SFXXXXX.B01 to XXXXXX.SRM).
Strike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and I know there are a good handfull of save file converters out there; I just gotta search. I will probably start new files on all the games I like just because I havn't played any of those ROMS in a very long time anyway. I was just worried about losing the save files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: