ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LPT definitively doesn't work... Advices?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable just works fine in my friend's PC. I bought it from ToToTEK (brand HP) and it's around 140 cm from head to head (including connectors).
fonzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but a very weak signal can be lose with 1M bad quality cable...
That's why i was asking. 1.4M seems good to me so it is not the problem.
funky-stu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. The card is recognized, but when I program the card and verify it fails.

Are there any solution yet? I have tried everything. I'm working in Windows XP and using EPP.
fonzie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi funky-stu.
Quote:

Also, did you do add that in your registry ?
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Parport\Parameters]
"DisableWarmPoll"=dword:00000001

This will disable windows XP to fuck your LPT randomly.
You tried that?
funky-stu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fonzie,

I will try that next day and keep you informed. Anyway, on another computer it works perfectly. This computer has windows 2000. So the flash-card, the programmer and cables are good. Could it be that the same usb cable on my new windows xp pc doesn't provide enough voltage (5V+)? Or is it really an operating system issue? I will try to connect it again to my windows xp machine but instead of plugging in the usb cable in the same machine, I will try and plug the cable in the good windows 2000 machine. If it doesn't work (reprogramming), I know for sure it is windows xp that is messing around. If it works, it is because of a wrong voltage. Any other ideas I could try? Till some days later Wink

Wouter
fonzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, no problem Smile

Also, i've been just reported that switching application during flashing (especialy going to internet explorer while flashing) can cause glitches... This was reported for megacart tool but it may apply to tototek tool too.. (who knows). The best idea would be to close all big apps exept dream writer during flashing Smile
funky-stu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've tried to connect the LPT cable to my xp computer and USB cable to another windows 2000 computer with no succes. The LPT and USB cable must be connected to the same computer, so this means the usb cable does more than only provide a certain voltage.

I did the register trick and notified that windows xp doesn't poll for a device on the LPT port. So the registry trick works to disable polling, but doesn't work to program the genesis card without any failures.

What is strange is that when I flash a totally new game on the card (although with errors) and reboot my computer and the programmer device (so starting from zero), the game is on the card with the correct new name of the game. I couldn't find the name in the ram memory, so it must be on the flash chip.

When I try the flashed game on my megadrive, I get a red screen.

I have tried every possible combination of EPP ECP EPP+ECP EPP 1.7 EPP 1.9 Normal and Bi directional. None of them work! This sucks.

I know for sure all my cables, card and programmer are working because I tested this on another computer.

Conclusion: this device doesn't work on some windows xp computers. Why? Because of some bugs in the application? Other?

Tototek can you please help us? We have tried everything and now it is up to you.

Wouter
fonzie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see...
No, usb is only here for power. i'm 100% sure of that.

About windows XP.. well, I don't know. I can be your computer that have fake EPP port.

Did you checked Megacart Adaptator Driver too?
Yabier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends.

As I said before, the copier works on my friend's PC who has XP. So XP is NOT the problem.

I'm almost sure it's the lpt port. Please check yours in the device manager by clicking propieties of 'My Computer'. My friend's LPT says it's ISA, but mine is ISA to PCI (and it says it's on PCI).

I think THAT'S the problem, because bridging has some strange differences.

I've tried my cart in my PC using WME and two versions of WXP so you can be sure that the OS itsn't the problem.
Yabier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer please! Tomy! Anybody!
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a billion years I have my MDPRO working at least! Those who remember my infinite posts will concern about my suffering Very Happy

Finally, I installed win95 (yes, that CRAP) in my Compaq LTE5400, which I simply bought to make the copier works... but it didn't. One year later, with the laptop dying in a box, I've managed it to work. A true HELL. I discovered that the Compaq's drivers for win95 has a special tool called set SETPORT to configure the LPT mode. From the beginning I was able to set it in EPP mode from BIOS, but no way to make it work. But whith SETPORT the copier is finally working.

I want to recommend anyone who has a Compaq laptop or simply can't make the copier work not to desist. I bought the copier almost 3 years ago. Even Tomy wasn't capable to help me...

I want to share with you my INFINITE MADDENING ATTEMPTS:

1. I bought the Copier. My PIV recognized the card, but there were tons of program errors. My friend's PIV was fully compatible. My bad luck sucked.
2. Tomy helped me. After hours of chatting and testing, he make a new and improved programmer for me in order to reduce the data's noise. He sent it to me for free... But nothing.
3. I tested the copier in my old Toshiba laptop. Unfortunately, it can't be sent in EPP.
4. After thousand tests with strange programs, CMOS configs, etc., I realized that my PIV's LPT will never work, probable because my LPT is not a pure ISA port, instead some kind of modern PCI to ISA bridge.
5. Desperate, I decided to buy an additional internal LPT PCI Card. When it finally arrived, I found (horrified) that it COULD NOT be switched to EPP (although in theory it can). According to the manual, it was only possible in Windows NT. But I didn't trust the damn manufacturer and doubted NT would run in my PIV.
6. More desperate tests, this time with the Toshiba Laptop and some programs.
7. One year ago I decided to buy a new laptop to try more. I looked for something old, with LPT and EPP compatible... and I found the Compaq LTE5400. When it arrived, the OS was in German, but I managed to have a try (I'm Spanish, but probably you won't understand that rude language neither). No way. My hope was gone. I could not make it work in a trully (not virtual) EPP compatible LPT port!!!!!!!

You know the rest. Yesterday I decided to try again with really not much hope. But it worked.... And it "only" took me three years.

I want to thank Tomy and all of you who helped me. I will post this in the topics I started in the past. I hope it can help some of you.

Bye!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: