ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DreamWriter PCE 1.5 Hangs after flashing boot menu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: DreamWriter PCE 1.5 Hangs after flashing boot menu Reply with quote

I just recieved a PCE flash cart for christmas. I also own the Tototek genesis cart and use the dreamwriter genesis software to program that cart with no problems

I can not get dreamwriter PCE software to write to the cart. If I set it to a single game, it hangs. if I set it to load multiple games, it loads the boot menu only and then hangs. if the USB cable is removed, it acts like it is loading, but obviously it can't without power.

My system configuration is correct and is the SAME setup I use to work with the Genesis Flash Cart so I Know my system works correctly. I'm on WINXP

I installed DreamWriter 1.4 and then replaced the exe with the 1.5 program which is lthe latest version. but, I also tried v1.4 and had the same results

I've re-booted, I've double checked everything and still no luck.

Please someone give me a clue as to what could be wrong

For what its worth, when the card irrived, I stuck it in my US Turbo Duo and got a blank screen. When the genesis cart came it had demo/pd roms on it and I was able to play with it right out of the box. I thought it was odd that the PCE cart had nothing on it since I would assume they would be tested prior to shipping. My fear is I simply have a dead flash cart.

-w
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wolfeman,

PCE Pro was tested before ship. And inside have game. (but for japan PC Engine)
So, you got blank screen. It is normal.
Because of your Turbo Duo is US version, have you check USA check box from Dreamwriter ? If not, sure it can't work.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the response and the e-mail you sent

I DID set the software for US and tried a variety of different combinations

one thing that kept happening in any setting was the software would start to load and then hang and it doesn't matter if the box is checked or not

I'm confused as to why this would happen when Dreamwriter for my Tototek Gensis cart works flawlessly on the same PC system

I wil try again and double check all setting and my PC bios port setting and then tell you what happened.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have spent another two hours trying to get this to work and it just does not work. That's about 4+ hours total of trying to make this work since christmas

I have double and triple checked my settings, tried different combinations in the software, and the best that will happen is that a game will load about 1/3 of the way and that's it and it always fails to verify.

Again, I have to point out that my Tototek Genesis cart works fine on the same PC so I KNOW its is not the parallel cable or usb.

I really think the PCE Dreamwriter software is not nearly as nice as the Genesis version either. Its very buggy and I can't seem to find much difference between the versions and I tried almost all of them.

I also tried ucon64 and got errors when trying to write to the card so I really think this card is broken and i would like a replacement.

Please e-mail me and tell me what I need to do to send it back to you. I would simply like it replaced with a working card please.

-
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfeman,

Have you send back the broken PCE Pro ?

-Tomy
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I e-mailed you last week after I shipped it via standard airmail.

I also ordered 64Mb RAM for my Doctor SF7 and paid via paypal Smile I asked in the e-mail I sent for you to ship it all back to me in one package.

You should get it any day now

thanks
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking in to see if you recieved my return yet. Let me know, thanks!
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy, please get back to me. I've been waiting patiently, sent you an e-mail last week after the new year break.

thanks
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeman,

Yes, I got your return. And i tested it, it is working good. So, if i just replace another one to you, i think you will have same problem. I want to modify it a bit to solve your problem then ship it back to you. (a new modify one)
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:
Wolfeman,

Yes, I got your return. And i tested it, it is working good. So, if i just replace another one to you, i think you will have same problem. I want to modify it a bit to solve your problem then ship it back to you. (a new modify one)

Ok. thank you Tomy, just keep me posted. I may want the SNES flash cart if you have them in stock by the time you're finished so send me an e-mail.

-
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomy. Where are you at with my return? its been a while. have you made any progress? have you tried flashing the cart with US/NTSC roms to see if there were any problems?
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sorry to say I've come to the end of my patience for waiting on a resolution. Tomy, can you please check your e-mail and respond. i sent an e-mail asking for a refund on the PCE cart. I will send a paypal invoice if you tell me your paypal ID.

thanks
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Day! I heard from Tomy and it looks like he's shipping out the newly revised PCE cart today. I'll post when I get it and test it. Apparently it came down to a chip on the thing not being 100% reliable with recognizing a parralel connection. He changed the chip and is shipping the cart today, so he says. Stay Tuned.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy sent me the re-built PCE Flash cart with the new Intel flash chip and right away I could tell it was recognized better on my system and I had NONE of the issues that I had with the first one.

I'm testing it extensively and will report back here soon.

-MW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: