ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another question from me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Another question from me. Reply with quote

I have found several threads about a problem concerning being able to use -xgd3 but not -xgd6 commands in ucon64, one of them had the problem solved, but Tomy didn't say how. Using -xgd6 always results in "Error: Communication with game doctor failed", but -xgd3 transfers just fine.
Both xgd3 and 6 worked on a laptop I borrowed, but only -xgd3 on my pc, any ideas? I have tried EPP, ECP, ECP + EPP, and SPP parallel port modes with no differences. The only difference between transferring from the laptop and my pc, is the fact that I am using a 20ft. male-female parallel cable to stretch across the room for the pc. However, I do not see how that would allow me to use xgd3 but not 6. I do not currently have the laptop to test the extra 20ft. The main reason I am asking for help is because I would like to be able to use -xgd6 so I can back up my saves on a regular basis. I am using winxp pro on both computers, and transferred with io.dll. That is all the information I can think of that may help anyone find a solution, if any additional info is needed, feel free to let me know.
retrofan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm having the same exact problem. I'm also experiencing only first 8M transfers it stops exactly when it should continue to the next 8M segment.
SF7 - here..

UPDATE:

Fixed with a mos chip startech brand PCI Parallel port. Everything fine now. Seems some motherboards parallel ports will never work no matter what OS etc. Flawless with this addon port. Tried other brand ports, no go.
My board is the SuperMicro C2SBX.

Last edited by retrofan on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: