ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kosodate Gokko: How do you use this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChimyFolkButter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Kosodate Gokko: How do you use this? Reply with quote

I just received a dump of Kosodate Gokko. I loaded the program up and all it does is play music and scroll Kanji across the screen. Does anyone know how to use this?

Thanks,

-CFB
madman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Kosodate Gokko: How do you use this? Reply with quote

ChimyFolkButter wrote:
I just received a dump of Kosodate Gokko. I loaded the program up and all it does is play music and scroll Kanji across the screen. Does anyone know how to use this?

Thanks,

-CFB

I assumed you've tried this with your doctor plugged in? I'll write an image of that to a disk sometime this week and see if I get any different results.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this ? Have picture ?
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if you post screenshots of the Chinese that your seeing at the title screen, some people can translate it for you.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly doesn't make use of a Game Doctor; AFAIK, it doesn't require any extra hardware to copy disks. Should it though, I would think it would require I2's copier.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it needed any copier. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it. Thanks for the image, btw, Chimy. It is a disk duplication program, maybe more. To be honest, I think it may have used several disks, iirc. There may have even been two versions of it. I'll have to do some research on it. I recently scanned every FDS-related advertisement in every issue of Backup Technique and there were full spreads on this company's products in them.

BTW, different emus gave me different results. One froze at a title screen, while the other played as you said with kana and music, with only the slightest blink of the title screen flashing by. WEIRD. I haven't tested it on the real deal yet.

I'm tempted to take screen grabs of every screen of text to try to translate them. It would be a royal pain in the ass if some words used kana instead of kanji where appropriate. In that case, we'd need a fluent speaker.

-Rob
Ruger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version I got looks like this:

Quick guide:
1. Load the Kosodate Gokko disk. Get the screen above. Remove disk.
2. The screen gets green. Insert source disk.
3. Wait while drive reads disk. Remove source disk.
4. The screen gets red. Insert destination disk.
5. Wait while drive writes disk. Remove destination disk.
6. Repeat from step 2 until FC resets itself

The HVC-022 needs to be hacked so that it can write disks, but you don't need a Game Doctor device. Works with all disks that don't have protection. Game Doctor disks too.

The Kosogate Gokko disk I have seem to be protected. I have tried to back it up with Copy Master on TGD6, with Tomy's software and my MGD1, with fdsloadr and my homemade interface, as well as with the Kosogate Gokko itself. No luck. l got all these other backups tools working with normal FDS disks, so there is an issue with this disk.

Ruger
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "real" copy of KG I've seen was on EBay and was clearly a copied version...unless the originals were on blank FDS disks with no labels Smile What does your copy look like? Is there a label?
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iirc, the original was on red and/or blue disks with a label that had that exact same title screen Kanji on it. I still think that it was a multi-disk program. I'll try to get some info by this weekend.

-Rob
Ruger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My disk is red with no label...

Do you guys think I could copy it using i.e. the "dubbing cable" from the documents that rbudrick translated? Wouldn't that dubbing cable ignore any errors and missing information in the headers, any just copy the disk as is?

If there is more than one disk, I wonder what the second disk is for...

Ruger
rbudrick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the one I got sent to me was dumped with an MGD1 (or maybe FDSLoadr, not sure), then there's no good reason your shouldn't dump with any of them. I think you may have some calibration issues. Do other disks dump fine? Does KG load fine in your FDS?

-Rob
Ruger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Considering the one I got sent to me was dumped with an MGD1 (or maybe FDSLoadr, not sure), then there's no good reason your shouldn't dump with any of them. I think you may have some calibration issues. Do other disks dump fine? Does KG load fine in your FDS?

Got two FDS drives that both work. I have no problem dumping other disks. The disk loads and works fine like described above! Smile

Do you know if the dump you have is good? Does the title screen look like the screenshot above?

Ruger
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNT58PXK

That's every ad that ever appeared in any issue of Backup Technique for anything related to FDS. Kosodate Gokko is there, since Ai Shi was probably the biggest ad revenue bringer for Backup Technique.

Approximately 40MB, 4 folders in the zip.

BTW, I now believe it was Quick Hunter, not KG that had multiple disks...possibly sold seperately for different functions.

-Rob
Skrybe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

rbudrick wrote:
To be honest, I think it may have used several disks, iirc. There may have even been two versions of it.

I'm pretty certain Kosodate Gokko only used one disk. You're right, though, about there being two versions of the program. You can tell what version you have by the color of the disk, see here. The newer revision of the program was released on a red disk.

BTW, I'd like to see a copy of the dumped image, if someone wouldn't mind sending it to me.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrybe wrote:
Apologies for bumping an old thread.

rbudrick wrote:
To be honest, I think it may have used several disks, iirc. There may have even been two versions of it.

I'm pretty certain Kosodate Gokko only used one disk. You're right, though, about there being two versions of the program. You can tell what version you have by the color of the disk, see here. The newer revision of the program was released on a red disk.

BTW, I'd like to see a copy of the dumped image, if someone wouldn't mind sending it to me.

Aha! I knew I wasn't totally crazy! Skrybe, I'll send it to you when I get home.

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: