ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using the GD SF7..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smalz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: using the GD SF7.. Reply with quote

So I'm trying out my SF7.. do I have to convert roms with ucon or another program before the SF7 will play the game? Does anyone know if the disk dual drive being sold here http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/shop/copiers/copiers.htm
is compatible with the GD SF7? Thanks for your time.[/url]
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have to use uCON64 if the ROMs aren't in GDSFIII format.

No the Disk Dual will not work with a GDSF7.
smalz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using uCON64 and I'm trying to split a game but uCON64 freezes every time. Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm running win XP btw
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these two:

ucon64 <game name>.smc -gd3
ucon64 <new GDSFIII game name> -s

I have never had uCON64 freeze; if you are using the MinGW version, try the Visual C++ binary. If you are using Visual C++ version, try the MinGW binary.
smalz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've tried the Visual C++ and the Mingw binaries with the frontend and both do the same thing when I try to split a GD3 file (the cursor turns to an hour glass when over top of the application window and does not move). I can see part of the split in my output directory but that's all I get. I don't understand how to use ucon64 with cmd. I tried the lines you gave me but I got an error saying that it was not an argument.. I also get this error in the output window:

ERROR: Can't open "C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\NTUSER.DAT" for reading
Please see the FAQ, question 47 & 36

I read both questions in the FAQ but I must be missing something because reading them didn't seem to help.. do I need to fix this error before everything will work alright? Thanks again for the help Smile
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, I don't use the frontend. You don't need to fix that error in order for it to work, I never do.

Can you navigate around in DOS? You must be in uCON64's directory for it to work (since uCON64 isn't in your path.) This page might help: http://www.colorado.edu/geography/gcraft/tips/doshelp.html

You should also put the ROM you are operating on in that folder to make life easy.
smalz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can navigate DOS. I have the rom in the ucon folder.. still it doesn't work..

Well by some fortune I got it to work without the frontend.. Thanks for all of your help Kyuusaku.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: