ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMS games not working
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a regular SMS?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I finally got a real SMS system and the cart works. It is just a shame that it doesn't work with the SMS to Megadrive/Genesis adaptor I bought from Tototek.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Update*

Ok, I have concluded that the SMS to Megadrive adaptor that tototek sells DOES NOT work in a Sega CDX (I am pretty sure that it won't work on a Genesis 2 either since Sega CDX is based on a Genesis 2). The SMS to Megadrive adaptor from tototek DOES work on a Sega Genesis 1, and after doing some research, seems only a Sega Genesis 1 will play SMS games.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for a fact that both Genesis 2 and CDX support SMS!

There was even an official Power Base Converter II for PAL countries: http://alexkidd.com/peripherals/pbc.html

It's very possible that there is an electrical issue which is preventing the Tototek adapter from working on a Genesis 2, I don't know since I don't have one.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
I know for a fact that both Genesis 2 and CDX support SMS!

There was even an official Power Base Converter II for PAL countries: http://alexkidd.com/peripherals/pbc.html

It's very possible that there is an electrical issue which is preventing the Tototek adapter from working on a Genesis 2, I don't know since I don't have one.

Well in this case, the tototek SMS to Genesis converter doesn't work on CDX. It's a real shape because I bought this adaptor from tototek for use with the SMS-Pro I bought.
jenniferlane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be old, but it seems like your problem is all the weight in having those two cards, flash cart on top of adaptor, it's top heavy, especially if you have the smspro with case sitting on top of the naked convertor. It is probably leaning backwards or forwards enough to make a poor connection on either the front or rear bank of pins. Of course if you bought both with case, then my point is moot and just ignore. Razz Still it seems like you have a connection problem on one of those slots along the line.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenniferlane wrote:
This may be old, but it seems like your problem is all the weight in having those two cards, flash cart on top of adaptor, it's top heavy, especially if you have the smspro with case sitting on top of the naked convertor. It is probably leaning backwards or forwards enough to make a poor connection on either the front or rear bank of pins. Of course if you bought both with case, then my point is moot and just ignore. Razz Still it seems like you have a connection problem on one of those slots along the line.

I have since sold the tototek sms to genesis adaptor. I have a power base converter and it works with the CDX i have just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: