ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can PCE-PRO dump Hu-Cards?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concept92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCheese wrote:
I stand by my comments. You having reinforced them! You have not addressed ONE SINGLE THING in my post. I am not the one begging for someone to build a PCE card dumper - you are. You are going about it in a very strange way - insulting people then saying you are too busy. Well I suggest you be too busy elsewhere as you don't seem to be much help around here.

I do wonder how you make your suggestion that I am "random clueless folks" - plural as well! Very odd - on what do you make that judgement?

Great, your posts help a lot in getting a PCE copier being build.
I don't know and coudn't care less what point you try to make.
Please some moderator shut off this troll.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesh no need for fighting.

Anyways, it's right that all games for all systems practically need to be redumped and even more importantly have their PCBs noted. GoodXXXX, TOSEC and Nointro don't have accurate databases at all. This is largely because these groups don't dump all their entries but instead reuse old dumps from the various "scenes". Another problem is these groups only need someone's word that the game is verified good; it would be better if dumping software made custom secure hashes of the CRC as an extra precaution against bad submissions.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my point - begging like a 12 year old (snotty nose optional) for someone to make a dumper dies not help anybody.

Yes seperate dumps from seperate carts using different people with different people is good to verify a dump.

concept92: Kyuusaku has said he can do it if you can provide the items he needs - why no go away and do that?

May I also point out that it was concept92 that started with the insults - not I!
concept92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
Yeesh no need for fighting.

Anyways, it's right that all games for all systems practically need to be redumped and even more importantly have their PCBs noted. GoodXXXX, TOSEC and Nointro don't have accurate databases at all. This is largely because these groups don't dump all their entries but instead reuse old dumps from the various "scenes". Another problem is these groups only need someone's word that the game is verified good; it would be better if dumping software made custom secure hashes of the CRC as an extra precaution against bad submissions.

I know the No-Intro group and they have the most accurate database you can get, sure it's not 100% accurate because they still use old scenes dumps, but a large % of their database is verified by redumps (for example, a document delivered with their snes database shows that ~40% of their snes database is verified...). They have a dump submission procedure which is more secure than other projects. I know because I submitted dumps to their database and they asked me pic of my copier and carts. While Cowering never bothered asking me any proof of my dumps, I could have submitted him with shit, he would have taken it as it is. As for TOSEC, I checked a couple of dats and they seem to be a collection of whatever shit you can find on the internet without any technical knowledge about the system, judging from their unaccuracies.

You can see that No-Intro has a large media documentation database @ http://wiki.no.intro.free.fr/ with tons of PCB/Cartridges scans... So I think they are doing the job much more seriously than the competition.

Back on topic, would you consider sacrificing a PCE and selling me a copier? I will share the copier among the PCE community and have everything redumped.

And optionally, please shut off that troll. I have no idea why he keeps posting in this thread.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous. You post on here DEMANDING someone make you a copier. Then I point out goodPCE and you insult me. then you wash away everything with "I don't feel like explaining the details". When I challenge yiou your response is "GTFO". Then you ask me to sacrifice a PC Engine just so you can do what YOU want to do with it.

Now do you see why I find you annoying? Your intention may be good but your way around it is bizzare. I feel the need to point out AGAIN that kyuusaku has said if you can get some parts he can do what you require - so why not do that?
concept92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCheese wrote:
This is ridiculous. You post on here DEMANDING someone make you a copier. Then I point out goodPCE and you insult me. then you wash away everything with "I don't feel like explaining the details". When I challenge yiou your response is "GTFO". Then you ask me to sacrifice a PC Engine just so you can do what YOU want to do with it.

Now do you see why I find you annoying? Your intention may be good but your way around it is bizzare. I feel the need to point out AGAIN that kyuusaku has said if you can get some parts he can do what you require - so why not do that?

I'm talking to kyuusaku, not you ¬_¬
I'm not asking you anything, except GTFO of my thread, you unwanted troll
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based upon your rantings in this thread I am suprised anyone would want to talk to you. All you seem to do is be able to do is demand things, swear and insult people. Once again you failed to answer ANYTHING.

Could you explain why this is your thread? Did you post it so you could only communicate with yourself? You are the topic starter. I do not see why that grants exclusive rights to yourself to post on here. If you did not start (and continue ) abusing me I would not keep posting in here.
concept92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic - you could at least tell me what episode that is from!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

concept92 wrote:

I know the No-Intro group and they have the most accurate database you can get, sure it's not 100% accurate because they still use old scenes dumps, but a large % of their database is verified by redumps (for example, a document delivered with their snes database shows that ~40% of their snes database is verified...).

The No-intro databases aren't the most accurate you can get because when you use obsolete ROM formats, the dumps are innately flawed.

Maybe No-intro scans PCBs but that's pretty useless since all that is necessary is the PCB's name. If the game has an unlabeled board, then it's necessary to actually document the ROM decoding logic which I'm sure they don't do.

Right now I only know of two projects with accurate databases: http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/ and http://redump.org/

concept92 wrote:

You can see that No-Intro has a large media documentation database @ http://wiki.no.intro.free.fr/ with tons of PCB/Cartridges scans... So I think they are doing the job much more seriously than the competition.

It's still not good enough for me. Sounds like you co-founded No-intro! :D

concept92 wrote:

Back on topic, would you consider sacrificing a PCE and selling me a copier? I will share the copier among the PCE community and have everything redumped.

I certainly will not sacrifice one of my own PCEs! I would consider selling a dumper *IF* you could find me the necessary connectors though or pay for/send me a junk console.

On a sidenote: I can make dumpers for other consoles too which are far cheaper and more accurate than old copiers. They can also be used to program RAM/Flash carts which I can make more accurate than any other copiers today by simulating the proper ROM decoding. The biggest problem is that I can't get cart connectors for the consoles and I can't get plastic enclosures made. Maybe Tototek can produce them, dunno.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: