ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions-Is there a card dumper for the PCE too? Also...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Questions-Is there a card dumper for the PCE too? Also... Reply with quote

Hello,

I noticed the SMS and MD have flash card and dumpers in a kit. The PCE card does not appear to have a dumper available for it. Is one going to be available?

Also, will the flash card allow for use of the Arcade Card for use on CD games that require it?

Will it come in a case any time soon?

Thanks!

-Rob
vcdfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SMS and MD don't have cart dumpers in with the kit. That's the programmer, which is only for use on the flash cart. The PCE and GG flash carts have the programmer built in.
Besides, all the carts have been dumped so there's not much use for one. Unless someone has a promo cart that's never been dumped......
Hope that clears things up a bit.

vcdfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know of the SMS, PCE, and MD carts, but what is the GG cart? I don't see that on the site...GameGear?

So the programmer...I guess I'm not entirely sure I understand now what it is for. It is for putting roms onto the flash cart, this I know, but it does not allow for backing up what is on it back to the PC? (And doesn't do this for commercial carts either? Basically, the programmer is one-way?

BTW, There actually is a couple protos I wanted to back up...

Thanks so much for your help!

Yours,
Rob
atreyu187

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are all dumped but most of the best games don't work on the flash cart!!! They need to be redumped badly!! Some suffer from byte swapping and work on EMU's but not on actual hardware as they are not pefect 1:1 dumps so the console refuses to boot them. I can name 10 great games off the top of my head that simply do not work.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atreyu187 wrote:
Yes they are all dumped but most of the best games don't work on the flash cart!!! They need to be redumped badly!! Some suffer from byte swapping and work on EMU's but not on actual hardware as they are not pefect 1:1 dumps so the console refuses to boot them. I can name 10 great games off the top of my head that simply do not work.

Suffer from byte swapping? You must mean a mirrored data bus (TGX), it can easily be reversed with little effort. You should have all your games stored in PCE bit order (ie correct order), then if you have a TGX, flash them in TGX order.

I don't think many game dumps are bad, it's more likely that the PCE-PRO just isn't mirroring data correctly. If someone makes a small program to correctly mirror ROM data, you can pad any game to the full 8M and run it flawlessly. If you list the games you can't get to work, maybe we'll spot a trend in their size.

Also, since PCEs by themselves don't have a BIOS, they never implemented CRC/licensing checks, so there isn't a chance the console is refusing the game.
concept92

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought USA roms were byte swapped.
tomaitheous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

concept92 wrote:
I thought USA roms were byte swapped.

That's because someone used a PCE dump system on them. There's no reason why the roms themselves should be byte swapped. I really wish those images would disappear. It's an unnecessary complication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: