ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there an easy way to use the SWC DX Floppy drive w/ SMD ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpooNMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Is there an easy way to use the SWC DX Floppy drive w/ SMD ? Reply with quote

I am still without a floppy drive for my Super Magic Drive. My Super Wildcard DX is up and running and the floppy still works great and I was wondering if there is a simple way to utilize the floppy from from the SWC to the SMD800. I don't know if there is a floppy cable splitter or switcher etc. Ideas welcome.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if you build the cable that kazmat described in your earlier thread. The SWC DX floppy is the same as any other floppy.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back, at the same time when the SMD800 came out, there was the Snes Magicom. That unit, and the Magic Super Griffin (PC-Engine Copier) had exactly the same, external floppy drive. See my picture of my copiers here: http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1502 You can see three of those drives there. In fact the floppy drive is an normal 1.44MB PC floppy drive but with an adaptor that converts the floppy bus to a sub25 D-connector + power supply connector, thats it. So you don't need to take your SWC apart, just get an floppy drive off eBay, radioshack or so. These are like $5. Then build that adaptor (i have one adaptor here, i wont give it out, but i can post a super magnified picture here if you want to see it) and thats it!

-------------------------------------------
IRC #ToToTEK channel on EFNet
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here are the Pictures of the small FDD Adaptor! (Pictures are very big [1600x1200 pixel], allow some seconds to load!) Here we go:

-------------------------------------------
Visit #ToToTEK IRC Channel on EFNet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: