ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will TG-16 files run on Pc Engine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Play any region on any console with PCE-PRO.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: d Reply with quote

I've wondered how this is implemented too, but from what I understand, it all becomes clear after you use it. I'm planning on getting one very soon.

Just how is the switch on those 8 pins done?

-Rob
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes. Play any region on any console with PCE-PRO.

Quote:
that it will not work on a "normal" USA TG-16 system.

Well these are conflicting...no big deal if you have an adapter, but the ANY region on ANY console sorta goes out the window here...

Oh, and that link doesn't seem to work right now:

http://www.massystems.com/TD-Mod.html

I'll try it again later...

-Rob
fragment

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: re: US Reply with quote

Well think about this, the reason that US and JP games can't be crossed is the 8 wires that are different (reversed). Now if you had a flash cart that is properly wired for a JP system, it wouldn't matter what ROM you put in there, it will always boot. But if you put this in a US system, it won't be properly wired to boot up UNLESS you have an adapter or a switch mod. the switch mod would be the best solution since you wouldn't have two ugly things sticking out of your TG-16. Please visit this site:

http://www.geocities.com/duo_r@sbcglobal.net

This is the better way to wire up a country switch. The mass systems website will work, just a bit more hassle in my opinion. You just have to find a 8PDT switch, send an email posted on that site if you are in need of one.
Tongueman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: re: US Reply with quote

fragment wrote:
Well think about this, the reason that US and JP games can't be crossed is the 8 wires that are different (reversed). Now if you had a flash cart that is properly wired for a JP system, it wouldn't matter what ROM you put in there, it will always boot. But if you put this in a US system, it won't be properly wired to boot up UNLESS you have an adapter or a switch mod.

I don't know for certain, since I don't have the PCE-Pro, but it may be possible to use the PCE-Pro on an unmodded US system. (I wish Tomy or somebody could confirm it with a working picture or something.)

The 8 pins that are different between the PCE and Turbografx are the 8 data pins. On the TG, they are swapped. So, for, example, you want to play a PCE ROM on your TG, it probably won't work. However, if you have a US ROM and some program (PCEToy or something) has noted that the ROM is bit-flipped (as some old ones are) then it'll probably work fine in the TG. I think a program such as PCEToy can even flip the bits for you.

Tomy's program for his old PCE Flash card (the one made from PocketVoice) had an option to swap the bits, so the card was able to work on both PCE and Turbo machines. I dunno if his program for the PCE-Pro has such an option, or whether it does it automatically somehow (that would be nice.) So, Tomy, can you give a clear answer?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PCE-Pro program has an option to swap the bits function , It put in game configration window -> region tab -> US REGION ENABLE. Confused
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well The new ucon can swap the country bytes that allows you to alter the regio code in the rom BEFORE flashing it.

For example.

Galaga US will not boot on my Pc-Engine DuoRX, After Patching it it worked Perfect Smile

And there are more.

Anyway i got rid of my MD flasher so i can get 1 with 32X support Smile

Hope The GG flasher is soon finished, so i can get both.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I suppose some USA games might need to be cracked. I got that feature into uCON because USA games wouldn't load on my Griffin. I didn't think it was necessary for any other device besides a Griffin though.. For Griffins you don't invert the data to JPN mode to play, just put the raw USA game on and crack it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno shit about griffin, but i tested a few more game, and most seems to work after patching them with ucon64.

I found me a MGD2 with PCE flashkit (and a new battery for the 8mb card)
Man those are shitty and you need to open your DUo/Duo-R/Duo-rx system to use them) Tototek cards rules (now only finding a way to put a some kind of case over the flashkit so it still fits in the duo-rx Smile

Maybe we need to make a Comp list or a US game release list and then what games work, wichneeds to be patched and wich will never work Smile

Anyway

If On with the Duo-RX RGB modding (got some trouble, and i'm out of sources, so if anybody here has some info or help on rgb modding duo-rx machines (espacially making the RGB cables), the inside modding is very easy and already done, but my cable suxs and gives to many problems.

(ok this was off-topic)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: