ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star ocean. CD7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smalz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Star ocean. CD7 Reply with quote

Do you need a CD7 to play star ocean on an SF7 or can the rom be split and loaded with floppies?
Vlcice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be split onto floppies; I've loaded it fine that way. It does take a fairly ridiculous 12 disk that way, though.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlcice wrote:
It can be split onto floppies; I've loaded it fine that way. It does take a fairly ridiculous 12 disk that way, though.

i just got a GDSF7 and how do I get into the menu part of it? all I wanna do is get to where you can format disks, and load off of CD. And is there a special version of star ocean somewhere that will load onto a GDSF7 ( i hear it's like 90-something MB)
Vlcice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold down R when turning on the system to access the menu.

There is an SF7-specific hack of Star Ocean. It's 96Mb, e.g. 12MB. You'll have to look for that in Google. There are two versions, English and Japanese.
Ruger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 128Mbit GDSF7 with an original CD7 drive (2nd version). The system works fine with 99% of my titles.

Star Ocean (96Mbit English translation hack) works if uploaded from PC, but I can't get it to load from disc.
Is it actually possible to load the 96Mbit file from a CD7? If so, what would I need to name/number the file.

Ruger
(I do own an original Japanese Star Ocean cart)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: