ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Wildcard DX2 -Does it really support 130mb ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Super Wildcard DX2 -Does it really support 130mb ? Reply with quote

I asked Mr Lui about the fact that the box of the Super Wild Card DX2 says it supports up to 130mb but he stated that it only supports 64mb.

Does there exist an upgrade for a 64mb Super Wildcard DX2 that will boost the memory to 130mb (I assume 128mb for games, and the other 2mb for real time save)? I'd rather play the 96mb Star Ocean on the DX2 via my Disk Dual than my GDSF7
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-The guy's name is Liu, like "Liu Kang"

-I'm going to go with him since the box was probably made before the final hardware was designed. Back in SWC/SWCDX days Wild Cards came in 32M and 34M, 34M so you could RTS in a 32M game. It's probable that the SWCDX2's ASIC was designed to address a 128M memory and a 2M memory, either to get an edge on the competition with the stupid customers, or because they originally were going to design the copier to hold multiple games at once. Trying to add back in support today is no different than trying to upgrade a Super Magicom to 128M, it's totally pointless. If just 130M on the menu screen does it for you, I can upgrade any copier to at least 99M or 999M.

-Even if you had a 130M SWC, you wouldn't be able to play Star Ocean, it REQUIRES a GDSF7! Not just because of the RAM, but because the GDSF7 has a bankswitching scheme that the Star Ocean hack uses to decompress graphics for the game.

-Lastly, there is absolutely no point in having a 130M copier without bankswitching (DX2 does not have bankswitching), because the SNES can't even address this much memory and the official memory map only allocates a maximum of 63.5M of memory for game ROMs. Since the largest released games are 48M, you still have room for real time save with them on your DX2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: