ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another problem with the Pro Fighter X 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: another problem with the Pro Fighter X 2 Reply with quote

I finally find myself a powersuply for my pfx2t, running all the games on disks that came along with it. doesn't the dreaded thing work when I insert a cartridge to back it up.
After I insert a cart, the Snes doesn't boot, the powerled on the console lights very weak, the screen ofcourse stays black. I tried 2 powersuplies on the snes, I'm not going to do that on the pfx, i'm in doubt whether I raise the power to 12 volts, the adapter is universal but has power to 3 ampere. without the cart it runs well except that when I want to run games with DSP, it goes on black as well, at least all the games I converted from smc to fighter-format using snestool.
Is my fighter toasted, concerning DSP and dumping carts? or is there hope yet. I think, but not sure that the capasitor that I had to repair over the power-stabilizer (the former was completly blown up, left quitte a mess inside) has now to little charge. I installed a 30 microfarad, i don't know if that must be a higher one. the 2 others are 47 mF. perhaps someone is willing to take a look inside there's? or if there are other options, i'm willing to hear them all.

Do I need a dsp cartridge to play killer instinct on a FS7? or is there a trick, can't get it to run with about every ucon64 option existing. different thing, just wanted to get this out of my system Wink thanks for listening folks.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right

Uhm

Well

It turned out that I put the cardridge the wrong way in, the picture should face left. I inserted it facing right.

That problem is solved, the Fighter is working properly now, backing up as it should. The games I tried are doing well, no harm seems done. Still strange that inserting the cartridge the wrong way in is a lot eassier than the right way.

Now I still have the question left about why the Fighter isn't playing games with DSP ON. Still haven't figured that out yet. I'm going to try to fix games using Ucon, instead of Ucon64, I found out that those two programs are very different.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which DSP games don't work? Not every DSP game will work on any copier, as there are different types of the DSP chip
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every game I tried to convert myself, from Donkey Kong Country 1 to Spawn, from Super Streetfighter 2 to Earthworm Jim, Batman Forever to Marvel Heroes: War of the gems. Final Fight 3, Killer Instinct same problem. Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong could be troublesome from what I have read of it.

Sometimes I don't even get a gamename during the load, non-dsp games work perfect.

I start to believe that I do something wrong or that the ROMs I have are corrupted in some way, because with the Fighter, I recieved a box of disks including Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 and Samourai Showdown, those games load and play normally.

PS: With the SF7 on a Super Famicom I have the same problem, I don't have that DSP cartridge for the SF7.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the games you listed are DSP games, so I don't know what you're talking about.

You aren't backing up your own games are you? Try that then run it through uCON64's cracking algorithms. The games you received on disk are probably precracked to remove SRAM protection.

Also I don't think any PC utility supports the PFX header yet, so it's no wonder that HiROM games you try are messing up.
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do own alot of games legally, but alot of games are very hard to get, not too mention mighty expensive, I've got the copiers for a very friendly price so I just wanted to know how those things are working, and I enjoy playing a game once in a while. €20 to €50 for a game is too expensive for a guy that's not a collector. But that aside..

That those games aren't DSP games is something I can't tell, I do know that the Fighter mention DSP ON when loading, that Hi-ROM games could be trouble is something I read on the Read-me that came with Ucon64. I tried using the option from that same textfile with no succes.

So either the Fighter is malfunctioning or the ROMs aren't good.

Is there a way to fix those? Or to check? Perhaps Ucon, I'll continue searching.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this might help finding the problem, here are 3 shortcuts to 3 .zip files with 3 games I converted that don't work on my Fighter. I used SNESTool 1.2

Earthworm Jim
http://home.planet.nl/~kuipe699/earthw.zip

Marvel Heroes - War of the gems
http://home.planet.nl/~kuipe699/marvel.zip

Spawn
http://home.planet.nl/~kuipe699/spawn.zip

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in my last post, utilities (including SNESTool!) don't know how to make PFX header files, you must backup your own games or backup a similar game to the game you want to play and copy your backup's header to the game you want to play. I can't remember if PFXT2 can limit SRAM, maybe I'll check tonight, but if it can't, you just need to use uCON64 to crack the games, it's far better than SNESTool and other ancient (honestly useless!) programs.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fired up my PFXT2 and I can confirm that it DOES have the SRAM limiting, so you don't even need to crack any games, you just need a proper header which no utility will add to your ROMs. So backup your own games, or learn how to make a new header for the games you want to play using the headers of games you've backed up for reference.
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Mr. Kyuusaku, I'll back up and try your solution, since I know now how to use the Fighter cart-slot properly Wink

*Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm huntin' headew*

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done it,

found out what I need to know about headers.

I learned that one utility, Ucon, is able to create header to match up with the Pro Fighter, sometimes it was needed to completely remove a header, but with Ucon it's possible to convert a non-extended file into a recognizable format and then convert it to a FIG format. SnesTool to split it worked every time so far.

The SRAM thing was something I learned checking using a program called 'Duper', it shows some header information about the ROM, including the SRAM value and type of ROM, like Rom, ROM/RAM, ROM/SRAM, ROM/DSP1 etc.etc., it also can change a headers title, hi/lo rom setting, rom speed, country and Licensee (in numbers). It's running in windows.

Killer Instinct is finally running as well, but I used Ucon64's -k option to be able to run it.

I thank Kyuusaku once again for this pointer, should have take alot more time to figure this out if it wasn't for you *applause*

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: