ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CiC Chip and T-Connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kainminter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: CiC Chip and T-Connector Reply with quote

My original post wrote:
Please, help me make sure I'm on the right track before I purchase.

-I have a US version NTSC SNES and a JP version NTSC Super Famicom.
-I am interested in having 2 flash carts.
*First cart will be used only for English Seiken Densetsu 3 exclusively.
*Second cart will be for general use, writing various roms to it to play when desired.

I know I need to order the "SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit with case for SNEX" plus the "SUPER-FLASH 64M (Card only) kit with case for SNEX" and the "Printer/Parallel Port Cable". A/B USB Cable already have.

I do not know anything about what DSP game, T-Connector, or CiC chip is. Will I need to have CiC chip or T-Connector for my situation?

Thanks in advance for assitance!

Update: after reading and rereading many other threads about these things, I think I finally understand what the CiC Chip and T-Connector is.

CiC chip- This is a Region code chip. If you want to plug this flash card straight into the SNES, you need this chip put into the card for the SNES to think its a real cart. There are 3 types of CiC chip; USA, Europe, Japan. The CiC chip sell on this site is JP version, and should allow cart to be use on US or JP NTSC system.

T-Connector- This device is used to plug in both your Flash card and a real game at the same time. The reason for this is to borrow the use of the real game CiC chip so you dont need your own. (Just like Noah's Ark 3D for SNES, must plug in real game to top for it to work because they didnt have chip.)

If this is the case, I think I will only need CiC Chips for the cards i purchase and will not need any T-Connector yes? Can anyone verify if I am right?

I still dont know what a DSP game is or what a 50/60 mhz switch is or does though.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using roms from different regions you need a CIC chip for each region. The easiest way to do this is to purchase a cart from each region. The t-connector allows you to connect the flash cart and the real cart in at the same time. The CIC chip is read from the real cart and the rom is read from the flash cart. You can also disable the region protection chip inside your SNES but a handfull of games will not work (literally a handfull maybe 5 or so). The 50 / 60 hz switch switches the machine between 50 and 60 hz. NTSC runs at 60hz and PAL runs at 50hz. I have a PAL SNES. This would mean I would run USA games at 50hz, which would be incorrect. The 50/60 hz switch allows me to run the USA game at 60hz - the original intended speed.

The DSP is a chip that is added to a cart. It is an additional processor. This chip is not included in the flash cart. If you have a DSP chip cart you can use the t-connector to plug the DSP enabled cart in and put a differnet game that uses the same DSP chip onto the flash cart. The SNES talks to the DSP chip on the real cart and uses the rom from the flash cart. There are only a handfull of DSP games to my knowledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: