ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will this Power Supply be compatible with my Game Doctor SF7
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to answer questions and help people, so long as they don't ask a question that can be answered with a simple search on here or Google. That's why a search button exists on here.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
I'm willing to answer questions and help people, so long as they don't ask a question that can be answered with a simple search on here or Google. That's why a search button exists on here.

That's fine, but you should understand that not everyone feels that way and if YOU feel that way, that is your right and I support it and even agree for the most part...

That being said, I still feel there is no room for rudeness or insults.

We have all been on the asking end of stupid questions and given that this little hobby is so very obscure, I think it is kind of nice that everyone sort of gets along and helps one another.

The other thing to consider is that this forum is primarily for paying customers of ToToTEK, of which I am one, more than three times actually and intend to continue that with an upcoming purchase or two by mid summer. There is no reason to talk to people who have paid good money for something like they are idiots. [even if they are]

-
Noel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:

I've already been seaching with google for a few days, and it didn't work. Each result I found talked about different values, so instead of understanding things I was even more confused than at the beggining. And that's why I ended posting here. Got a problem with that?

Some people said 1'2 A, other 1. And the manual even said this:

So I think that If I've managed to find three different answers to the same question, the best thing I cand do is asking before burning something.

About the cut and soldered power Supply, That for exclusive use with the US Snes, because I couldn't found that conector in any Supply sold here. I'm buying a brand new power Supply for the SF7.

Anyways, This is what I really need to know:

Quote:
Remember that the Amps supplied just has to meet or exceed what they want.

I Thought that it was the opposed: More amps could be dangerous (This is what It really makes me earn the title of "Biggest Douchebag")
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel, Did you try Rob Webb or are you in the US? I'm in the US & My GDSF7 uses a genesis 1 power supply, I also have a radio shack universal that I use... the specs of which were listed here by another poster above.

no worries, you'll get there Smile

In the meantime you may want to ready your floppy collection. Use Ucon64.

-
madman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More amperage does no harm, a device will only use as much current as it needs. Think of it like your faucet, a ton of water can come out if you open it all the way, but you can also turn it on just enough to dribble. The GDSF7 has a voltage regulator in it that accepts probably from 9v-15v, though you want to be more in the 9v-10v range and 1A-1.5A range. If you're within that and the polarity is center negative, that is all you need to know.

Don't buy anything from Rob Webb's site, it's all extremely overpriced. You can probably dig through your closet and find a suitable power supply, or head to a local thrift shop and find one with the correct values.

Also to Wolfeman, I don't recall seeing a post about this forum being for paying customers of Tototek and I've been on here for a long time.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:

Also to Wolfeman, I don't recall seeing a post about this forum being for paying customers of Tototek and I've been on here for a long time.

the site is TotoTEK... it's an online store... it's implied. The forum is for everyone but this is owned by a web store and the forums are FREQUENTLY used to help people with the stuff they buy from here such as the guy who started this thread.... he's a customer of Tomy's so why should he be treated like a dumbass?

The reason I suggested Rob Webb was for someone else who is in the UK [I think that's what he said] who was having trouble finding the right adaptor. The other reason is, Rob is very reliable in terms of service... something that some people have no problem paying a little more for.

I'm done arguing, that's not why I come here. if you or anyone else want to insult people over what amounts to nothing, go right ahead, I won't say another word about it, I've stated my opinion.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who exactly did I insult, treat like a dumbass and was rude to? I asked why there are so many posts about something so basic that has been answered before. That seems to be a fair question, yes? And then I answered the original poster's question, so I'm not sure exactly how asking a question and then answering someone else's question is insulting and rude. Care to clarify that for me so that I don't upset you in the future?
Noel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeman wrote:

In the meantime you may want to ready your floppy collection. Use Ucon64.

-

I already started Very Happy .Ucon64 and Mottzilla's GD7 Tool.

And just try to forget about the bashing... I'm a moderator in another forum, and it always feels good to bash a newbie for not using the advanced search, even if at the same time you're giving him the answers.I think I've lost the count of the times I've done it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: