ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD format for Wildcard DX2 Diskdual?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: CD format for Wildcard DX2 Diskdual? Reply with quote

I have a Wildcard/Diskdual combo. I can play an audio CD perfectly through the DiskDual. When I try to load a ROM from a CD I get an error message "Unknown Format". (The same ROM loads ok from the DiskDual harddrive).

What method of CD burning do I need to use on my laptop (running Vista) to be able to have the DiskDual recognise the CD? Should I try another CD drive? What else can I try?
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i have made my own ROM Cds, so i know how to do them. At least with Windows XP and CDRWin (V3.9H). Select 'File Backup and Tools'. Then select 'Build an UDF/ISO9660 image file'. Add the filenames (drag and drop). Btw, long filenames are OK! Uncheck all 5 checkboxes in the filebackup list window. Select Filesystem: ISO9660. Click Advanced Options. Check Generate Joliet compatible data structures. Select ISO Level 1 (maximum 11 characters 8.3 format). Select ISO 9660. Uncheck the 2 boxes below that. Ignore all other options in that window. Press START then CONTINUE. This will generate your iso image on your harddisk. After done select 'record an ISO 9660/UDF Image File'. Select your .iso just created. Click START. In the new window select Disk Type CDROM-XA, Track Mode MODE-1, Speed (as you like, i recommand slow burning 4-8x), check Write Postgap and Finalize/Close Session. Click 'RecordDisk'. And youre DONE! Doing it this way has two advantages. Your burned CD has long filenames in your Windows PC and 8.3 filenames in the Diskdual. Just in case you dont know: Of course all roms must be unpacked and must have the 512byte magicom header prior doing this burning procedure! Good Luck!

-------------------------------
#ToToTEK Chan on EFNet
gmlesrpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I don't know how to copy rom on cd:

- with a simple copy, the diskdual says disk unknow
- when I burn an iso, the dual disk doesn't see roms?
- no problem with audio cd Smile

I try the method of this post but I have only cdrwin 6....and there are only few options.
Is somebody can give a simple method with nero for example

I have no problem with floppy and zip 100, but really shitty situation with the diskdual.

Thanks you for your help Smile

Rgds,
gmlesrpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I tried again with cdrwin 4.0G and it works well and this method.
I use CDRW and LG CD ROM driver 52x in the diskdual Smile

MAny information on SWC and DD on:
http://dos.heypoorplayer.org/swc/

Rgds,
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmlesrpg wrote:
Hi All,

I tried again with cdrwin 4.0G and it works well and this method.
I use CDRW and LG CD ROM driver 52x in the diskdual Smile

MAny information on SWC and DD on:
http://dos.heypoorplayer.org/swc/

Rgds,

See my post here about batch converting a bunch of ROMS automatically with ucon64 (a DOS command line, since doing it with the GUI makes the program freeze after converting the 2nd ROM):

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2039
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: