ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok, This is the Right Forum ! My All Time Wishes Flashkits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Ok, This is the Right Forum ! My All Time Wishes Flashkits Reply with quote

As a Collector of consoles and games and backup devicxes i like to see following kits:

(Er as a collecting thing. i do own V64Jr 512, V64 256, SCC (China Cai-och) Pro Fighter X Turbo, MGH, Neo Geo Pocket Linker, FA visoly GBA Linker, Bung 64mb Flashkit for GB/GBC, Yoko (A2600 Copier), Home Made 128mb SMS copier, Homemade MD Copier.) And i Do Ownover 60 Games for each system Smile, so it's not for playing roms but for collecting and for testing) (I do own the SMS, PCE, MD flashkits from tototek also, but i sold my MD one to buy one fwith 32X Support

01. Updated SMS Flasher (The one now out has some problems with some games (lemmings) 64mb

02. SNES Flashkit That Fits in a Real SNES cartridge (like the Megadrive/genesis) 128mb

03. NES flashkit that fits in a real NES cart (like the sms/md flashkits) 64mb

04. N64 Flashkit (like the sms/md kits) 512mb

05. Atari Jaguar Flashit (Like the sms/md types) 128mb

06. Atari Lynx Flashkit (like sms/md not so huge, and lpt/usn not attached to the flashkit) 32mb

07. Pokemon Mini console Flashkit (32mb)

08. Atari 7800/2600 Flashkit 32mb

09. Colecovision Flashit 32mb

10. MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ Flashit (my all time favourite) 32mb

11. Neo-Geo Pocket Color 64mb Flashkit

12. Wonderswan 64mb Flashkit

13. Neo-Geo MVS/AES Flashkit (dunno the sizes of that)
Memblers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, an Atari Lynx flash cart would be cool.

NES carts are something else, there's a crazy amount of variations of the hardware used in them. But it would be great to see any kind of programmable NES cart available.

You might want to stop by http://vgwiz.com/ occasionally, there's some flashcarts being worked on over there (for 2600, NES, and possibly Colecovision, too).
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not positive but its pretty safe to assume that Tototek isn't releasing devices for American consoles, something I have no problem with :P

NES would be the top priority for everyone if it were possible. Tototek might get sued over a N64-PRO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never mentioned anything about US Console Flashkits, it's all the same if it would for me, any flashkit for JAP machines is OK (but i love to see an atari Jaguar one Razz

I just named a few, (ok some ARE american ones, Smile )

Yeah nes would be top, but indeed VERY difficult with all the mappers and different hw cartridges.

N64 i'm afraid, like you say N64 would nintendo getting to much attention to tototek and sue them, cause N64 is still to rescent.

Snes, i saw in the download page that there was already softwre, now just the hardware Smile

I know Lynx has very bad games, but anyway a lynx flasher would be fine (althrough it is still from Atari and US so)

Smile

MSX, Forever, Let's Flash (or demos and homebrew games off course)
DjoeN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damned, i forgot to log-in Smile

The postjng above is mine Smile
vanadium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem open to doing ones for American consoles, so long as they can buy the necessary unit from someone and get the specs they need to do so. They've been very open to a Jaguar flashcart based on my many talks with them.

Given that there are people still developing for the Jaguar but don't have the $300 for an original Atari-made flash cartridge or upwards of $500 for a true Alpine board, there's a definite market for this and also a Lynx-based flash cart product (as there are also many Lynx developers making professional-grade games still -- check out Alpine Games by Duranik).
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good to hear Smile

Atari Jaguar would be nice and i know some ppl still program for it, same for Lynx

And with the NIHM batteries today the lynx plays hours longer then in hte glory days of it (er did it have flory days Smile )

Greetz

DjoeN
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do release one, it'll be a first. The first American console flashcart. Also Lynx's glory (I'm assuming thats what you meant) days was about the first year of its release, why Atari wasted money making the Lynx 2 I don't know... such a bad console, I'd take a toaster GB over one any day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: