ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone here ordered from Mr. Liu of Front Far East?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Has anyone here ordered from Mr. Liu of Front Far East? Reply with quote

got his e-mail here in the forums and it seems he's legit, but I'd like some more information about your ordering experiences if you've ordered from him before.

thanks
madman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple people from here have ordered from there and posted. What type of information are you looking for?

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1748
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, these are the pics of my SWC order a cpl of weeks ago. So i can confirm Mr. Liu is absolutly reliable. However, you have to pay in advance and some ppl complain $360 is to much for the bundle. Well, i like it, and since the $ is very weak atm its really woth the money for that great setup sooo *grab it while you can!* Smile

--------------------------------
#ToToTEK Chan on EFNet
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that thread a while ago, and aside from more rude behavior, it doesn't tell me much other than one person got his shipment ok. I was just wondering if there were any problems in ordering from him and how they decided to pay. I'm weary of not being able to use paypal, and I just want to know if the guy is trustworthy is all.

I plan on getting a disk dual and adding a CF cart for a hard drive to a SWC DX2.

I can not find a disk dual for cheaper than Mr. Liu's $150, shipping included, due to the weak american dollar.

I also find it sort of ironic that some of the people posted how crazy they thought the person was who bought the stuff when at least on person in that thread sold items recently for pretty outrageous costs [based on their own observations] and didn't lose any sleep over it .

The fact is, now in the U.S., these items are RARE and they always were even when you could still buy them new and they were always expensive to us. I remember looking at a then new V64 that would have been almost $400 with shipping from the one of three vendors that had them at the time [coughliksangcough]. It was the same for the Super Wild Card and if you are lucky enough to find them on on ebay, they will always sell for around $200 give or take, and that's if the auction isn't taken down before it ends.

Please enlighten us poor misguided Americans as to just where the hell we're supposed to find a SWC for $80???? and keep in mind that very often the shipping alone is what causes the price to be so high and keep in mind the frequency of them showing up in places we can buy them.

??
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you crackltd, you replied while I was still writing my reply Smile
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeman wrote:

Please enlighten us poor misguided Americans as to just where the hell we're supposed to find a SWC for $80????

Easy to make connections? Someone just offered me a SWCDX2 for $80. In China SNES copiers typically sell for $10-40 to locals.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
Wolfeman wrote:

Please enlighten us poor misguided Americans as to just where the hell we're supposed to find a SWC for $80????

Connections? I just found a SWCDX2 for $80, not sure if it's 32M or 64M though.

you know, you of all people I would expect to be a little nicer.

"connections" ??? [translation: not for YOU buddy, go spend $400]

thanks so much for your input

sheesh

now, please indulge me, how likely are you to find that sort of deal again? and if it's tomorrow, hook a brother up?? be MY connection, otherwise the point is MOOT and the down-nosed scoffing comments in that other thread by a select few are sheer nonsense and ego boosting.

I myself found a NES toploader for $5 and a US Turbo Duo for $25 on the famous South Street in Philadelphia, and that was purely by luck, coincidence and a sharp eye... I guarantee you it will NEVER happen again.

I could easily chalk it up to my superior knowledge and "connections" but I don't.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Kyuusaku always can get stuff much cheaper than we can, the common people. Dont get me wrong, your knowledge in electronics is outstanding, but in this point youre a bit annoying.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLtd wrote:
Yea, Kyuusaku always can get stuff much cheaper than we can, the common people. Dont get me wrong, your knowledge in electronics is outstanding, but in this point youre a bit annoying.

I agree, he's "the man" in all things game-technical... I literally bow to his superior knowledge and his willingness to share it time and time again...

that's why I'm a little confused and disappointed by his response in this case

oh well... we collectors are a finicky bunch.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give away the emails to my contacts or there'd never be anything left for me, sorry but nobody is generous enough to do this for you. I have to ask though if you guys ever looked to... Chinese websites?! Seriously, this is just common sense.

And trust me, I don't always get my stuff cheaper than you. I once spent *$250* on a GDSF7 before Tototek sold them. My first SWCDX2 was $300. I've bought 5 or so $20 copiers for $150 before, I've bought multiple $150 copiers for $300 before. I did all this before I learned their domestic value, patience and self restraint. What you don't realize is that when I say I'm offered a SWCDX2 for $80, I'm not bragging; I'm saving you from paying your dues as a newcomer as I and many others did!

The SWCDX2 offer is not a common one, but regardless, it WILL happen again, it always does.

The value of copiers is relative, and in China they are factually common and cheap. The actual rare ones will still cost you, but not as much as you'd expect. There is not a single copier that you can't get for under $150 with patience.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually checked Chinese websites but it is near impossible to navigate them without a good translation, babelfish not withstanding, [perhaps you can lend a hand with this or share some links that are easy to use? Lord knows I've tried that route]. Information is easy to get but when it comes to plunking down your hard earned cash to someone you can not communicate with in your own language, things get pretty dicey.

I never would ask you for your contacts but my point was to say, you or others looking down your nose at the unbelievable stupidity of someone who spends a few dollars more than you is just plain old mean spirited and in many ways unfair since when you look at all the variables, especially when it comes to global location, things have a way of adding up in terms of cost and patience. Had you for instance, relayed your story about the times you paid through the nose for your early backup units instead of saying what an idiot the guy was [or the equivalent] for paying that much, perhaps we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The other thing is, I personally am not a newcomer, unless you consider 1999 as late to the table, and I suppose for SNES it might be, but still, I did not fall off the cabbage truck yesterday. I am fully aware of the domestic value of backup units but the fact remains that finding them in the US is hard work, and while patience is needed, sometimes you need to cough up the extra $50 or so to get the deal done and be done with it.

My holy grail at the moment is a Wonderswan backup kit, preferably the WonderMagic, but I'd settle for the wonderwitch as long as there was translated instructions for the software assuming the cart won't work with ucon. [I have no idea]

I have been searching high and low for 3 years now. I missed Big John's fire sale, he had one but I missed it. I've tried everything and no dice. I've been all over, contacted people in hong kong, auto watched it every way possible on ebay, done everything I can think of, looked under every rock and it's not out there for sale at any price as far as I can tell.

I've seen plenty of other backup units and you're right with patience you can get good deals on them but sometimes patience wears thin and frankly, I don't think $360, shipping included for a SWCDX264 and a Disk Dual that are brand spanking NEW is that bad of a deal for someone in the U.S. especially if it's something they want and will use. I think it is worth the extra $100 or so he shelled out [based on your price assessments] for piece of mind and getting to have fun with it while he's still young.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeman wrote:
I've read that thread a while ago, and aside from more rude behavior, it doesn't tell me much other than one person got his shipment ok. I was just wondering if there were any problems in ordering from him and how they decided to pay. I'm weary of not being able to use paypal, and I just want to know if the guy is trustworthy is all.

What is your problem? How was my response rude? You asked a generic question about ordering from FFE, I sent you a link to someone who had ordered from FFE and received the goods, thus proving that he's legit as you asked in your post. Then I asked you what other sort of information you're looking for. You really have some serious social problems if you interpret that as rude behavior.

Further, Kyuusaku isn't being an elitist. I have a couple connections that I use(d) to get copiers and other related items for very cheap. If I passed them around, everyone would have them and I wouldn't be able to get good deals. I've also found excellent deals over the years on EBay and other gaming forums. I once got a 32m SMD (very rare), Genesis, CD2 and tons of games for about $60. I got a 24m SWC and SNES for $12. I got a DPF w/original CCL parallel adapter, SNES, controllers and games (including boxed DKC1 and DKC2) for $75. It's a matter of patience. If you want something right now, you will pay a premium. If you're willing to learn how to search for hidden copiers, you will benefit.

Last edited by madman on Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Wolfeman wrote:

What is your problem? How was my response rude? You asked a generic question about ordering from FFE, I sent you a link to someone who had ordered from FFE and received the goods, thus proving that he's legit as you asked in your post. Then I asked you what other sort of information you're looking for. You really have some serious social problems if you interpret that as rude behavior.

calm down, the "rude behavior" was in the thread you linked to, where everyone who already HAS everything scoffed at the guy for spending $360 on brand new stuff, that's all... nothing more... the rest is misunderstanding. I was not referring in ANY way to your helpful response to my thread opener.

I just get sick of the attitudes sometimes, it's not worth it for video games!! and it IS elitist to say you have connections and then not clarify it with any sort of explanation, at least it sure comes off that way. I have a laundry list of great finds too, we all do, but we also have ALL paid through the nose for stuff, it's all about timing.

BTW: where does one learn to search for hidden copiers if no one is willing to teach ?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeman wrote:
I have actually checked Chinese websites but it is near impossible to navigate them without a good translation, babelfish not withstanding, [perhaps you can lend a hand with this or share some links that are easy to use?

I rough it out in Chinese despite recognizing few characters, so I can't help you there. I suggest finding a copier on a Chinese site (heard of Yahoo auctions?), isolating it's name in Chinese, and searching for that. Most of the time you don't even need to deal with Chinese because "32M" or "doctor" are dead giveaways.

Wolfeman wrote:
Information is easy to get but when it comes to plunking down your hard earned cash to someone you can not communicate with in your own language, things get pretty dicey.

It takes faith but if you aren't paranoid and desperate, it can pay off. We take the chance, we say how me made out, you get angry... where's the logic?

Wolfeman wrote:
I never would ask you for your contacts but my point was to say, you or others looking down your nose at the unbelievable stupidity of someone who spends a few dollars more than you is just plain old mean spirited and in many ways unfair since when you look at all the variables, especially when it comes to global location, things have a way of adding up in terms of cost and patience.

Had you for instance, relayed your story about the times you paid through the nose for your early backup units instead of saying what an idiot the guy was [or the equivalent] for paying that much, perhaps we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You must have me confused with someone else because I have never looked down on anyone here spending $210 for a SWCDX2 or $150 for a Disk Dual, where do you get that impression? That doesn't even make sense since it's the retail price and practically the only way you can buy them new.

Wolfeman wrote:
The other thing is, I personally am not a newcomer, unless you consider 1999 as late to the table, and I suppose for SNES it might be, but still, I did not fall off the cabbage truck yesterday.

If you think an $80 SWC is a good deal you sure sound like a newcomer, at least to research. (See CrackLtd's PCE-LT thread.) I bought my first copier in 2001 and haven't thought this way for years now.

Wolfeman wrote:
I am fully aware of the domestic value of backup units but the fact remains that finding them in the US is hard work

But you haven't been talking about just buying within the US. Of course it's hard (and stupid) if you limit yourself to finding them wild or even online within the US... If you mean it's hard work for an American find them in China, which is what it sounds like, that's just being ignorant, lazy and not true because madman and I are American too.

Wolfeman wrote:
and while patience is needed, sometimes you need to cough up the extra $50 or so to get the deal done and be done with it.

Rarely is $50 the only difference between the fair price and the "eBay price". Also don't assume that everyone can or is willing to drop $50 for convenience.

Wolfeman wrote:
My holy grail at the moment is a Wonderswan backup kit, preferably the WonderMagic, but I'd settle for the wonderwitch as long as there was translated instructions for the software assuming the cart won't work with ucon. [I have no idea]

I have been searching high and low for 3 years now. I missed Big John's fire sale, he had one but I missed it. I've tried everything and no dice. I've been all over, contacted people in hong kong, auto watched it every way possible on ebay, done everything I can think of, looked under every rock and it's not out there for sale at any price as far as I can tell.

Well you haven't done your homework because it's from Taiwan, and they are still being sold new on some Japanese sites. Here's one you may wish to check with:
http://gbec.jp/ec/goods.php?code=432180&menu=mcom&kind=mws&keyword=&shop_id=AssDMsZe6
It's very expensive but you said at any price. Personally I think the price is crap for such a simple copier, but I know you don't mind paying for convenience..

Quote:
I think it is worth the extra $100 or so he shelled out [based on your price assessments] for piece of mind and getting to have fun with it while he's still young.

Wrong guy again?
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dudes, calm it down a bit! When i decided to pay $360 for the SWC/DD bundle, or EUR400 for the LT, i decided to give my own money on my own will. So it was no ripoff or something similar. I bought all my copiers new (except for the Griffin) and ordered them most times directly from the manufacturers. Magicom, SMD800, Bung V64 and the SWC. And i tell you wot: I can do with my money whatever the hell i want to do with it. When i want to burn it, here i go! And hey, whenever Kyuusaku and Tomy will come out with thair NeoGeo Backup Unit (i hope someday it will become reality) and it costs $1000, shit!, i gonna pay it! My life will go on. And yours will too. Imagine no one is gonna buy new things anymore. Nothing new would be invented cause nobody's gonna buy it. So, dudes, bring it down to earth again! Dont be silly! Wink

--------------------------------
#ToToTEK Chan on EFNet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: