ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Pro Fighter X or something else??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Double Pro Fighter X or something else?? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I searched for years to get myself a working Double Pro Fighter or any copybox that's capable to work on a Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

My heart skipped 4 beats when I finaly menaged to get my hands on a good looking, perfect working Double Pro Fighter X. The pictures I saw from the thing on marktplaats.nl, a dutch ebay-like site, were promising. E-mail traffic convinced me that it was the real deal, the package didn't came with the sega connector, but I figured that such a thing could be ordered or maybe even fabricated by myself with help froma site that gices Hi-res pictures of the connector board.

How big was my surprise that this Double Pro Fighter X did NOT have those second ports, not on top, not on the bottom. The case was prepared for the Sega connector, but it's covered. When I opened it up, perhaps these ports needed to be opened manually or something, but again a disappointment, No Sega connectors, not any sign at all that this thing was ment to be used on a Megadrive/Genesis.

Could it be a Pro Fighter X or a Pro Fighter X 2 Turbo? Could be, however, I also own this PFX2 (remember a post where I asked for the specs of the power adapter) and this thing doesn't look like a PFX2 at all, except the size. It still could be a PFX in reality, but I believe that change is vey small.

The DPFX has CD-ROM support, DSP, all kinds of RAM, an onboard battery, the GUI looks great, more information that the PFX2.

Any idea what gives? Is this a rare kind of Double Pro Fighter X? Or does the machine I have in mind not existing, a Double Pro Fighter X that works on both SNES en SMD?

*anyone a megadrive copybox for sale?*

-- Here a site where I show pictures from the copiers I currently have, except for the SF7, so you can take a look at the stuff --

http://kirurishii.hyves.nl/fotos/

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Double Pro Fighter X as far as I know, but only a Pro Fighter X which is SNES/SFC only even though the case looks like it could support Sega Genesis/Megadrive. Only a Double Pro Fighter plays Sega Genesis/Megadrive and SNES/SFC. There is a Pro Fighter clone called the DPFX but it also is SNES only. No Pro Fighter unit officially had a CD-ROM drive.
madman

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a knockoff copier, I don't see any MD connector on there at all and that's not what the case of a real DPF looks like.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a clone or knockoff, they just reused the case originally intended for a true DPFX (never released) which had a Pro Fighter X for the SNES component. Some DPFX actually do contain both slots, but in reality they're identical to regular DPF.
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was already very sure that this isn't a knock-off or clone, since a couple of websites mentioned the exisitence of the DPFX with the ability to work on both consoles ( http://home.clara.net/robwebb/backup/ccl/ccldpf.html http://www.emucamp.com/red/MULTI/douprox.html http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149)

No site or any search on internet confirmes the existence of Megadrive-less versions of the Double Pro Fighter X, I think it's more apropiate to call this machine the Pro Fighter X 3 'ultimate' Wink

Another thing concerning this copier:

I received a modded Snes with the DPFX, works like a clock, but when I tried the DPFX on my own modded SNES, it doesn't work at all!! The mod I did on my snes was the simple one, desolder pin 4 of the Lock-Out-chip and pin 30 of the PPU2 with pin 24 of the PPU1 for the 50/60 Hz switch. This works fine for at least every copier I own, used, borrowed etc etc. but with the DPFX the screen became black.

The mod on the SNES I recieved is way different, here an IC was used between the pin 24/pin 30 and on pin 10 on the Lock-Out! I can't tell what IC was used, the characters can't be read anymore. It uses 1 switch, instead of the 2 switches for the lock-out and 50/60 Hz. This mod also works fine on the machines I own (except or the Q fighter 24Mb, there's an error in the FD circuit somewhere) I'll make some photo's from it if someone wants to check it out.

I was searching the net to find out what kind of IC was used, or how this mod works, this SNES is running at it's end, and would like to have at least the option to mod an other SNES like this, with an identical IC.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
madman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, not all copiers work on all SNES systems. I have one SNES that runs all copiers fine, and another where only certain ones will work. It could be that your modded SNES is one of those.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day I remember hearing lots of talk that Super UFO 32's running on PAL systems don't work 100% correctly. But I never had a PAL unit to verify it on.
Kirurishii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never saw a UFO32 in my life Wink I guess that holland wasn't too much into copiers that much, the lot used pro fighters and a very few people had a game doctor.

But that Pal is the reason for alot of glitches might very well be true. besides the fact that my pfx2 doesn't work on the older super famicom, the SF7 works better on the Jap, I could try the double on the Famicon, see what it does.

I'm special!!

I'm Chris!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: