ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GAME PARTNER II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishop702

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: GAME PARTNER II Reply with quote

I just got a GAME PARTNER II snes backup unit from an estate auction.
After opening it to inspect the battery I found its a Game Doctor SF6 motherboard with a different BIOS. It has 2x16mb memory units.

My questions are:

1) Can I put a Game Doctor SF6 rom in it and is there a way to get one?
2) The Board says it accepts larger ram but SF7 32mb and up are not supported, so is there anywhere to get 32 or 64mbit memory for the Game Doctor SF6?

3) Anyone know where to get or have some one build a GD SF7 CD drive interface? I have seem the plans, but don't kave the knowledge.
Thanks
Bishop 702
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, don’t Game Partner units use this funny custom BIOS that’s buggier than the stock one from Bung? I assume all the hardware is identical and that and that there was no good reason for any changes at all (thus a BIOS swap would be easy)?
Bishop702

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Yes you are correct Trent Reply with quote

No that you mention it, YES the bios has its issues. The system works and I went through and tested and converted my SNES FULL collection and almost everything that works on my SF7 works on My Game Partner II, even the SF7 DSP adapter. But loading multiple games is a little bit of a pain. I noticed you have to load the game from the last segment or it loads the 1st game in the list every time.

The Mother Board is stamped as a Game Doctor SF6, all the parts match the pics I have seen online. So I figured the SF6 Bios would be more stable and better designed for its own board.

The system runs great as is, sending everything to it over the pc-parrallel interface. Actually it runs every game that my SWC DX2 32mbit can play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: