ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more issues with gdsf7^^
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmede

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: more issues with gdsf7^^ Reply with quote

DAMN IT!
I still canīt load games onto my gdsf7.
The device lies right before me, but I canīt play!!! Mad

I use my gdsf with a pal snes (and pal cic) and the inbuilt floppy drive.
The menu works fine (advanced mode too) and the self test says "ok".
But I just run roms. I tried to convert them with ucon64 (with and without frontend)
and snestool and i did everything according to this conversion faq. http://www.emucamp.com/red/SNES/GDSFCONV.TXT

The only rom that worked properly was "Populus" (it was an unpatched swc dump file, at least thatīs what i remember).
Amoung other roms i tried to convert super mario world 1 for use with the gdsf7.
Some super mario world files i created with ucon worked till you complete a level.
At the end of both first levels it crashed. Other mario files i created didnīt work at all.
They loaded, but then the gdsf resets. The same happened with all other files i created from other games.
I also tried to apply several fixes to these roms, but nothing worked.

Please help me, Iīm going crazy!!!

edit:
Even the so called "Super Mode" is working.
I can even quicksave, quickload and take a screenshot.
So why canīt i load a game from disk?

edit2:
I am using a pal cic from a rebuilt (not original nintendo) cartrigde.
Is this cic a little different? It canīt be, could it?
Or else the menu of the gdsf wouldnīt even show, at least thatīs what i suppose.

edit3:
could someone please upload a "ready to play" patched 8m rom for the gdsf7 on rapidshare.com or elsewhere, a rom that you absulutely think should work?
Thank you!
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to know that your floppy drive problem fixed ?
Only convert rom image problem now ?
schmede

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's fixed.
I got a apropriate power supply now.
But I just canīt load games.
Maybe you could send me an allready converted file via icq to me, or upload it on rapidshare.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schmede wrote:
Yes it's fixed.
I got a apropriate power supply now.
But I just canīt load games.
Maybe you could send me an allready converted file via icq to me, or upload it on rapidshare.

What happens when you load roms? Did you try different floppy disks? PM me and we can set up a file transfer somehow.

Incidentally, does anyone know of a utility that will batch convert a bunch of ROMS to GDSF format?
schmede

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i try to load roms, the snes resets, i get a blue/black screen, i get music without picture, i get a freezed starting screen, it shows messed up graphics, or the game freezes after some time (this is very rare).
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it's your SNES system
schmede

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my SNES is ok.
Original games are working perfectly.
schmede

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please upload a rom on rapidshare.com and post the link here?
schmede

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send me a gdsf patched rom anyone!
I want to know for sure if my gdsf7 is damaged or if i am just to stupid to convert the roms properly.

Please upload it on rapidshare ore elsewhere and send me the link via pm!
But please hurry!
kiki77

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some roms for PAL:
http://rapidshare.com/files/124660739/schmede.zip.html
They work on my SF6 but should also work with your SF7.

schmede

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not work. Sad
Bishop702

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Did you try this Reply with quote

I picked up a GD6 clone and had some issues with it. I did these steps and it works great now.
1. Clean your SF7 to SNES adapter, with alcohol---both ends and check your snes slot for corrosion. I used a SNES cart/system cleaner kit. they sell on ebay and they work GREAT.

2. Make sure the adapter is fully seated. sometimes on my SF7 the MB flexes a little when inserting it so I support the board by keeping pressure on the cart port on top.

3. Best way to test it is place a simple cart into the cart slot and try copying it to memory. then see if it runs.

4. The internal memory (which is exactly the same as the upgrade just no accessable unless you open the thing up might have gotten loose. you can even switch your internal memory with your upgrade and try one at a time to see if eith is bad. I tried 16mb 32mb and 64mb on my SF7.
On my SF6 (Game Partner II) only 16mb memory works.

5. Check your power supply that its not to powerfull and that nothing got fried.

I have GAME PARTNER SF6 AND SF7. the SF7 was purchased buy someanother user here and then he sold it to me and it works great. The memory I have is from tommy and again WORKS PERFECTLY.

Just to let you know, I have a Game Doctor SF6(32MB) and SF7 (96MB)and also a SWC DX2 32MB WITH ZIP DRIVE and my favorite is the SF7.

It plays everything well, the Realtime save works better and with UCON and its front end I have NO problems sending roms... Infact I went through my ENTIRE ~130000 full snes colection and converted and test all the finals and prototypes and hacks and found both SF6 and Sf7 much less trouble once converted. Infact the SF6 plays almost everything that SF7 does except anything above 32mb like Star OCean.

Hope this helps

Bishop
schmede

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiki sent me 2 8mbit roms, that have bad checksums.
Also, if i load them from floppy, they the percentage displayed goes from 1 to 100 once, and then it puts something in the next memory block though the game is just 8mbit. I donīt think that they are converted right for the gdsf7.

@Bishop:
I donīt think the contacts are the problem, normal games without gdsf connected work and with gdsf connected too.
Even "Super-Mode" works fine, with screenshots, quicksaves /loads, etc.
I really think that it's a conversion issue.
But I'll try it though.

Could someone please upload some roms, that he actually tested on his own gdsf7, or he is absulutely shure it works?
Bishop702

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Trying to help Reply with quote

To Schmede:

I also ment I cleaned the SF7s port where the adapter cart goes in and I also cleaned the port where the snes cart goes in.
The way I tested mine is I used Donkey Kong Country and backed it up to my copier. Then test it by TURNING the SNES OFF and removing the DKC cart and then turning it back on and letting the SF7 load what is in memory automatically. If that works then your getting bad dumps. I used UCON with Frontend and win98 system to send my roms to my machine. I think I used epp+ecp v1.9 (check your bios) to send them over my parrellel port. I use UCON to convert and send. You can also use the program made by BUNG (forgot the name) to rip to your pc games, realtime saves and saved memory. it seems to work better with a win 98 system vs XP and V-machine. Ucon can check the rom for you and tell you alot of the details. Hope you fix the issue.. I love my SF7. By the way the English solder hack (i think its jumper 3) works great on both my SF6 and SF7, load into english everytime.
schmede

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleaned everything, but it still does not work.
I'll try another cic chip next week, since i got mine from a illegally rebuilt cartridge. So that cic is a little suspicious to me^^. Maybe something is a little bit different on this chip, compared to the original pal cic.

If that won't work, I'll have to send my gdsf7 back to Hong Kong.
And my gdsf7 would take very long to arrive back here.
But I have been trying to get things to work for about a month now, so another month of waiting wouldn't hurt that much I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: