ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backup Technique Issues for Sale+Famicom Kaizou manual
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Backup Technique Issues for Sale+Famicom Kaizou manual Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I have for sale some issues of Backup Technique. This publication was a console/JP computer modder and hackers bible. The early issues are extremely expensive and rare to import.

I am selling issues 2, 4, 7, 8 (2 copies available), 9 (2 copies available), 23, 24, 24, 25, 26, 31, 32, and Famicom Kaizou Manual volume 2, which was a sister publication that only ran 3 issues. It was written by the same people but deal specifically with Famicom and FDS hacks.

There were 38 issues made, plus two special issues. None have been translated except for an article or two I translated for FDS backup. I am selling the issues for $25 each plus shipping because they were extremely expensive to find and import. I would not be making any money on them. Even at $25 each I am losing money because it cost me over $1500 to find all 40 issues. I just want to recover some of the loss. Basically, I had to pay an auction service to bid for me on YJ, then I had to pay shipping to get the goods to the auction service and then pay a new shipping charge for them to get the goods to me. It got veeery expensive, as I found each issue over the course of around a year or 15 months or so. It turned out the article I was looking for the whole time was in Famicom Kaizou Manual the whole time. Of course, this was when I had already acquired all 40 issues, ugh.

After issue 38, the mook (magazine book...those Japanese folks and their funny words Wink Heh.) became the publication Game Lab, or Gemu Labo.

If these books were translated or even scanned and posted, they would revolutionize the mod scene, in my opinion. The hacks these guys knew back then were often remade from scratch years later by other people. There's plenty of mods and hacks that have never been duplicated in these pages. It really is an outstanding publication and nothing like them was ever published in the states. Lawyers would have made a bloodbath over these things in the states!

The early issues (issues 12 and back or so) are a total pain in the ass to get, so they are way rarer, in case anyone cares for collector's purposes.

Anyway, post or send me a PM if you are interested.

-Rob
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i've never taken notice of these mags. Sounds interesting! But (big BUT) even if these magazines hold the the formula of infinite youth, if its written in Japanese language noone in the western hemisphere will ever decrypt that characters. To bad. Confused Hopefully you find someone!

-----------------------------------
#ToToTEK Channel on EFNet
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After he sells his issues, he should maybe scan them all and offer them to retromags. I am sure someone there could translate them
rbudrick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These mags not only contain eternal youth, but they insure women will be all over you for the awesome factor. Buy now! Wink

eastbayarb wrote:
After he sells his issues, he should maybe scan them all and offer them to retromags. I am sure someone there could translate them

I would love to, honestly, but it is literally like scanning a set of encyclopedias. These books are about half an inch thick each...like a standard paperback novel. Also, a massive amount (maybe half?) is easily understood, since they contain schematics, computer code (there hundreds of full programs these guys wrote printed right in the mags for you to meticulously type in like the good old days), and loads of detailed pictures and diagrams.

-Rob
Thall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we see a few sample pages and maybe a front cover?
rbudrick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm at work right now, but I do happen to have this on my flash drive:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CVRFAQJE

It's an article I translated concerning how to mod your FDS drive to defeat the write protection and how to make dubbing cables.

As for covers, I don't have any pics on hand right now, but this site sold a couple issues years ago but for some reason never took down the site for them, even though it has been sold forever. Here's a pic of issue 19. I think I have shots of every cover made at home. I'll try to remember to post those when I get there.

http://nfg.2y.net/sales/html/EpZAppFkVFZIQwVwCF.html

-Rob
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
These mags not only contain eternal youth, but they insure women will be all over you for the awesome factor. Buy now! Wink

eastbayarb wrote:

I would love to, honestly, but it is literally like scanning a set of encyclopedias. These books are about half an inch thick each...like a standard paperback novel. Also, a massive amount (maybe half?) is easily understood, since they contain schematics, computer code (there hundreds of full programs these guys wrote printed right in the mags for you to meticulously type in like the good old days), and loads of detailed pictures and diagrams.

-Rob

...if only you were to sell the whole set, i would surely buy them all....
madman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who owns a number of these as well, scanning them would indeed be like scanning an encyclopedia. They contain some very interesting DIY projects, things I had never heard of in the Western world. As far as mods to ancient hardware revolutionizing anything, that's highly unlikely.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
As someone who owns a number of these as well, scanning them would indeed be like scanning an encyclopedia. They contain some very interesting DIY projects, things I had never heard of in the Western world. As far as mods to ancient hardware revolutionizing anything, that's highly unlikely.

Well, maybe not revolutionize, but there would certainly be an explosion of new mods if these were out there, especially if translated. There's just so much in these books that was never seen over here, especially for the systems that never came out here.

For all the programs that are written into these books, it would be really something if someone took the time to write them out for download.

eastbayarb wrote:

...if only you were to sell the whole set, i would surely buy them all....

Well, if I sold the whole set at $25 each, I'd lose waaaay more than $500. In fact, when I mentioned I bought the full set at over $1500, I really wouldn't doubt it if I spent closer to $2000. In fact, it is probably closer to that, but I just don't know. Like I said, I'm just trying to recover some cost here. So, you'd buy the whole set, but not interested in these? You won't find a full set anywhere, so this is really the least expensive way to start one. Seriously, you won't find them anywhere in the Western world for less.

-Rob
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V6792UOS

Cover pics as requested

-Rob
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick,

I'd probably want the full set or none at all...I'm just that way
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's practically an impossibility. You're missing out for sure. You won't find a full collection anywhere. It took me a good 15 months of checking EVERY day on several different sites to find them all. You can only get them in singles and small lots. The earlier issues are waaay more difficult to get a old of. Issues 1-6 were the hardest (especially the first 3), with 7-14 not much easier. 15-20 weren't too bad, where the rest weren't too much of a problem to find, but still cost a good amount.

-Rob
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Well, that's practically an impossibility. You're missing out for sure. You won't find a full collection anywhere. It took me a good 15 months of checking EVERY day on several different sites to find them all. You can only get them in singles and small lots. The earlier issues are waaay more difficult to get a old of. Issues 1-6 were the hardest (especially the first 3), with 7-14 not much easier. 15-20 weren't too bad, where the rest weren't too much of a problem to find, but still cost a good amount.

-Rob

if you ever decide to sell your whole set, i am interested
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may consider it for $3000.

-Rob
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: