ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving with the GDSF7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jh_D45

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Saving with the GDSF7 Reply with quote

Hello, i'm trying to figure out why I am unable to save my progress. I downloaded the savefix.ips file and applied it to the file I converted using ucon but i'm still unable to record my save, if I reset or turn off the power the save is gone. How am I supposed to save? By the way the game i'm trying to save is The 7th Saga.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i don't know the GDSF7 very closly, but if the unit uses a battery to hold the data in the SRAM i would check if battery is still strong enough. Older Wildcards, for example, suffer from leaking batteries, of course then it doesn't work anymore.

------------------------------------
#ToToTEK Channel on EFNet
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving with the GDSF7 Reply with quote

jh_D45 wrote:
Hello, i'm trying to figure out why I am unable to save my progress. I downloaded the savefix.ips file and applied it to the file I converted using ucon but i'm still unable to record my save, if I reset or turn off the power the save is gone. How am I supposed to save? By the way the game i'm trying to save is The 7th Saga.

GDSF7's save progress actually uses internal memory bank to save. As long as your GDSF7 is plugged in with a correct power supply your save progress will be saved in the unit.
jh_D45

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving with the GDSF7 Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
jh_D45 wrote:

GDSF7's save progress actually uses internal memory bank to save. As long as your GDSF7 is plugged in with a correct power supply your save progress will be saved in the unit.

I'm using a model 1 Sega Genesis power supply, I read that it is compatible with the GDSF7. The strange thing about this is that I tested with another RPG (Romancing SaGa 3) and I was able to make some progress, save, turn off the GDSF7 and reboot it and it saved everything fine. But when I attempt to record my progress with The 7th Saga, it doesn't keep the save, it's gone after I turn off or reset the console so it seems like it could be a game specific problem.
anbu-kakashi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the adapter out wil u lose all ur save games??? O-O wtf?
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anbu-kakashi wrote:
If you get the adapter out wil u lose all ur save games??? O-O wtf?

You can copy the save file to floppy disk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: