ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok since there isn't yet a Game Gear Flashkit i'll post here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Ok since there isn't yet a Game Gear Flashkit i'll post here Reply with quote

Today i recieved my GG flashkit, as happy as ever, i tryed flashing a whole bunch of stuff.

flashing worket perfect, and fast, took a Sonic cart, cut out the stuff and placed in the cart Smile

So far so good

Now comes the bad part:

I boot my GG (wirh the switch in GG mode) Black background with VERY dark RED letters almost unreadable. But if you press a button the games starts.

So i tryed to boot the gg with the Kit in SMS mode, nice screen like it should be.

After messing around a while i found a solution (Temp. cause i'll hope tototek will fix this, dunno if it is HW or Software)

Now i boot my GG in SMS Mode and then i throw the switch to GG mode AND HOPLA!!! Perfect GG menu Smile, like it should be Smile

Here is how it looks in when you boot in GG Mode

Here is how it looks when you boot in SMS Mode

This is how it looks when you boot your GG in SMS Mode and swith then to GG mode

Now if anybody else has this problem.

Also Some games don't work, but like we all know, there will always be games that never work Smile

(Lemmings) Smile héhé

See Yah
Tongueman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the settings? The GG-Pro software should come with both a GG file and SMS file to use as a boot menu.

Alternately, I have hacked the GG menu (Sorry, Tomy; I hope you don't mind) to display a correct (and nice) palette in both GG mode and SMS mode. It will look fine whichever mode you boot the GG-Pro in. The URL for the boot menu is http://www.spini2k.com/chrisc/segahacking/ChrisBoot.zip

Please let me know if it doesn't work on the GG-Pro.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oeps,

no i didn't check it Sad

anyway check my new topic n MD or SMS Smile
Suppafly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which one of the 2 files is the alternative GG boot file? chrisboot.sms or SG-1000boot.sms ??
Tongueman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppafly wrote:
which one of the 2 files is the alternative GG boot file? chrisboot.sms or SG-1000boot.sms ??

Chrisboot is for SMS/GG palette. SG-1000boot is to enable a correct palette if you want to play SG-1000 games on the GameGear using SMS-Pro/GG-Pro.

You can see background information of those files here: http://www.spini2k.com/chrisc/segahacking/gearmasterhack.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: