ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MD-Pro CD transfer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
szycag

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: MD-Pro CD transfer Reply with quote

What's stopping you from writing roms to the MD-Pro carts with a utility disc like the one the Megacart uses? I'm working on getting an old PC so I can use it's parallel port, but it would be so much more convenient to write it like that. I was thinking of just getting a Megacart instead, until I read that you can't save your games. I would want to play Monster World IV and stuff like that.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: MD-Pro CD transfer Reply with quote

szycag wrote:
What's stopping you from writing roms to the MD-Pro carts with a utility disc like the one the Megacart uses? I'm working on getting an old PC so I can use it's parallel port, but it would be so much more convenient to write it like that. I was thinking of just getting a Megacart instead, until I read that you can't save your games. I would want to play Monster World IV and stuff like that.

I would love that too, especially since the megacart is limited to 24mb useable. I have a megacart and use it for games that are 24mb and under and don't use SRAM. For games over 24mb and with SRAM, I use one of my two MD-Pro carts. For my megacart, I have 3 CD-R's that have all the USA genesis games on them and I used a renaming utility to put numbers in front of all the games, and printed a list of what's on what CD-R.
fonzie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb > Great, at least one megacart user Very Happy You should do a short of your discs & megacart Smile

It's not possible to flash mdpro from megacd, the hardware is not same, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: