ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copiers for Gameboy Classic Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Great Hierophant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Copiers for Gameboy Classic Games Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a copier that can play Gameboy Classic Games. I would like on that will support as many games as possible. I know that some games with exotic hardware will not work.

Specifically, Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble will not work because it uses MCB-7 and a motion detector.

Will Rumble Pak games, which use an MCB-5, work in a device that supports MCB-5, just without the rumble?

Will games that require the MCB-3 work in a cart that supports MCB-5?

The GB Bridge supports F2A cards that contain a RTC. Will MBC3 games that support an RTC work with this combo?

Obviously, the best Flashcart would be one with 64MB, RTC and Rumble support. I take it that no such device exists, but the E-Merger supports an RTC and the UFO 64MB Flashcart supports Rumble.
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the best one for the old Game Boy is the GB Xchanger made by BUNG.
retrofan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To think that I have one brand new but years ago I messed around with the flash cart open it up to see whats inside etc, and I lost/misplaced it ever since.

I would sell it to you if I were to ever find it..
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameJacks come with rumble built-in with up to 64mbits of space.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GB Transferer 2 is still produced. The GB Transferer 1 used batteries for power and the parallel port for data transmission, while the GB Transferer 2 uses USB for power and the parallel port for data transmission. You can buy them directly from EMS, though you will have to email them for the price of the cartridges themselves because they are apparently worried about legal issues with selling flash carts:
http://www.hkems.com/product/gb/gba-tr.htm
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Copiers for Gameboy Classic Games Reply with quote

Great Hierophant wrote:

Will Rumble Pak games, which use an MCB-5, work in a device that supports MCB-5, just without the rumble?

Maybe, the MBC address output used to control rumble is used on non-rumble carts to control the RAM address, so this could crash the game if the cart doesn't support RAM limiting.

Great Hierophant wrote:
Will games that require the MCB-3 work in a cart that supports MCB-5?

Some may, they are similar mappers, it's entirely dependent on how the game uses the MBC3 though.

Great Hierophant wrote:
The GB Bridge supports F2A cards that contain a RTC. Will MBC3 games that support an RTC work with this combo?

No, that would be a real stretch...

Great Hierophant wrote:
Obviously, the best Flashcart would be one with 64MB, RTC and Rumble support. I take it that no such device exists, but the E-Merger supports an RTC and the UFO 64MB Flashcart supports Rumble.

No flash carts are close to supporting all mappers, they only support around half of them, I think with the GB X-changer actually supporting the fewest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: